|Tags:||Area of effect, Targeted|
Deal 4 damage to an enemy and 1 damage to all other enemies.
When a bear rears back and extends his arms, he's about to Swipe! ... or hug.
How to get[edit | edit source]
Two copies of Swipe are a reward for raising a druid to level 8.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Like most area of effect damaging effect, Swipe deals all its damage before any on-damage triggered effects are activated. However, Swipe creates Damage Events in an unusual order: first for the targeted character, and then for all other enemy characters in reverse order of play; then, all Damage Events are resolved in the same order.
- This spell's damage is increased as usual by bonuses from Spell Damage and Prophet Velen. For example, with Spell Damage +1 Swipe will deal 5 damage to its target and 2 damage to all other enemies.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
It is also known for making druid extremely strong in the early game and a solid opponent against shamans (because of the fragile nature of the totems), priests (because of their weak early game) and murloc decks (because their health pool is very low).
Note that it affects all enemies, not just minions. This can make it useful for dealing a little extra damage to the enemy hero themselves, especially with some Spell Damage. It also provides you with the option of casting the spell on the enemy hero, which can be a desirable option for end-game nuking or when the spell's AoE damage is sufficient to destroy any minions.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Swipe is the only damaging effect with an area of effect that is targeted (i.e., that requires the player to actively choose - and be able to choose - a target).
- Explosive Shot, Grievous Bite, and Meteor are the only other spells that do different amounts of damage to different non-random targets.
- The artwork for this card comes from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "March of the Legion" series, for the card Swipe.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 220.127.116.1136 (2017-04-04) Rarity changed from Common to Free.
- Patch 18.104.22.16840 (April or May 2013): Text changed from "Deal 3 damage to an enemy and 1 damage to all other enemies" to "Deal 4 damage to an enemy and 1 damage to all other enemies"