|Abilities:||Rush, Transform in hand|
Each turn this is in your hand, swap its Attack and Health.
Same turn delivery - guaranteed!
How to get[edit | edit source]
|Golden Swift Messenger||400||50|
Transformations[edit | edit source]
Strategy[edit | edit source]
In its base form, Swift Messenger's high health allows it to easily survive attacking into most 3- and 4-drops; however, its dismal attack means that it is unlikely to remove any but the most fragile minions. Its Worgen form is comparable to Fireball in its damage-to-mana ratio, allowing it to easily kill most 4-drops and even most 5-drops; however, with only 2 health, it is very unlikely to survive. It's generally better to play this card in Worgen form as a high-power removal card, but because it transforms automatically in the hand, it can be somewhat unreliable.
Lady in White sets this card's stats to 6/6, removing its weaknesses in both forms.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- Neither snow, nor rain, nor witch.
Lore[edit | edit source]
- The Gilnean Royal Guard is a force of elite human soldiers dedicated to the service and protection of the monarch of the Kingdom of Gilneas. Exclusively loyal to the Gilnean royal family (the House of Greymane), the Royal Guard has likely been in existence for as long as the kingdom has.
- The force has been present during many of Gilneas's darkest times, such as the infamous Northgate Rebellion, where they formed a portion of the royalist forces attempting to crush the revolt. In more recent times, the Guard has played a role in such conflicts as the outbreak of the worgen curse, the Invasion of Gilneas by the Forsaken, and even the Burning Legion's third invasion, where they have fought against the demons alongside their king.
- Serving the current King of Gilneas, Genn Greymane, many members of the Royal Guard have subsequently become worgen themselves (along with much of the Gilnean population).
Trivia[edit | edit source]
Swift Messenger's name and summon quote are a reference to the United States Postal Service creed "Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds".
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 188.8.131.5266 (2018-04-10): Added.
References[edit | edit source]
- Ozzie Mejia (2018-04-03). Hearthstone: The Witchwood - Here are the Next Three Cards | Shacknews. Retrieved on 2018-04-03.