|Set:||Saviors of Uldum|
|Abilities:||Quest, Replace Hero Power|
|Tags:||Draw-related, Hero Power-related, Triggered effect|
Quest: Draw 20 cards.
Reward: Tome of Origination.
Archaeology is the discovery of rare and powerful artifacts. Supreme Archaeology is TAKING THEM!
How to get[edit | edit source]
|Golden Supreme Archaeology||3200||1600|
Generated Hero Power[edit | edit source]
Strategy[edit | edit source]
The Warlock specializes in card draw, making this quest straightforward for them to complete. The real challenge comes in making use of the reward, which allows them to draw a card and reduce its cost to 0 without incurring damage, making it superior to Life Tap.
If completed normally, by the time the quest is done, they would only have 6 or 7 cards left in their deck, which would make the Hero Power more of a late-game finisher, but leaves it prone to the luck of of order of card drawn as they near Fatigue. It is most effective if the remainder of your deck has powerful, high-cost cards to utilize the new Hero Power to its fullest.
The drawback of nearing Fatigue can be mitigated with cards that shuffle into deck to increase your longevity. Adding in Casts When Drawn cards will aid in completing the quest faster, since each card will draw another after being drawn. Plot Twist with a large hand is also very effective at quickly completing the quest.
Arch-Villain Rafaam synergizes well with Supreme Archaeology; since Legendary minions generally cost high, you're more likely to draw and discount something that is well worth the value.
Lore[edit | edit source]
- The masterminds of E.V.I.L. are also canvassing Uldum for artifacts. Rafaam brings his very... particular set of skills to his fellow warlocks in the form of Supreme Archaeology.
The Tome of Origination is unique to Hearthstone, but its name implies a connection to the Forge of Origination−a titan-forged device capable of destroying all life on Azeroth−the Halls of Origination that surround the forge, or the Staff of Origination sought after by Rafaam during the events of The League of Explorers.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The name of Supreme Archaeology is in reference to Rafaam's self-styled title of "the supreme archaeologist", which appears in the summon quote of the collectible Arch-Thief Rafaam card, the opening of the Rafaam Unleashed boss encounter, and the An Evil Exchange Tavern Brawl.
- Supreme Archaeology's flavor text is a reference to the start of the Arch-Thief Rafaam boss encounter in The League of Explorers, in which Rafaam steals the player's deck with the words "I like your deck. I think I will TAKE IT."
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 18.104.22.168708 (2019-08-06): Added.
References[edit | edit source]
- Hearthstone (2019-07-01). Saviors of Uldum Announcement Trailer | Hearthstone. YouTube. Retrieved on 2019-07-01.