|Set:||Saviors of Uldum|
|Tags:||Random, Triggered effect|
At the start of your turn, this has a 50% chance to fall asleep.
There is E.V.I.L. here that DOES sleep.
How to get[edit | edit source]
Sunstruck Henchman can be obtained through Saviors of Uldum card packs, through crafting, or as an Arena reward. Regular Sunstruck Henchman can also be obtained through the Highest Rank Bonus chest at the end of a Ranked season.
|Golden Sunstruck Henchman||800||100|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Sunstruck Henchman's triggered effect is identical to regular summoning sickness.
- Granting Sunstruck Henchman Charge or Rush after its effect has triggered will clear it as normal. If Charge or Rush is granted before the effect triggers, it will be unable to attack.
- In the game's code, Sunstruck Henchman's triggered effect is programmed by resetting its counter for the amount of turns it has been in play to 0, treating it as having just been summoned. This causes it to undergo summoning sickness, unless circumvented by Charge or Rush.
- Because of this, if a Sunstruck Henchman is given Rush and a friendly Spirit of the Rhino is on the board, it will grant Sunstruck Henchman Immune due to it being considered summoned on the current turn.
- If Sunstruck Henchman is frozen the turn before falling asleep, it will remain frozen for an additional turn. This is because Freeze causes the target to miss their next possible attack.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
While the stats on Sunstruck Henchman are good, the effect is absolutely crippling when it triggers. This makes it highly undesirable for Constructed play, which normally wants as much consistency as possible.
If you do play a Sunstruck Henchman on turn four, your opponent may be forced to kill it off. A 6/5 is threatening enough to demand answer, so they may not want to gamble on the 50/50.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- Just resting my eyes.
- Effect triggering
- Nighty night!
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This card's flavor text is a reference to Boromir's quote in the The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring film: "One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its black gates are guarded by more than just orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep."
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 188.8.131.52708 (2019-08-01): Added.