|Tags:||Positional effect, Taunt-granting|
Battlecry: Give adjacent minions Taunt.
She carries a shield, but only so she can give it to someone she can stand behind.
How to get[edit | edit source]
Sunfury Protector can be obtained through Classic card packs, through crafting, or as an Arena reward. Golden Sunfury Protector can also be obtained through the Highest Rank Bonus chest at the end of each Ranked season.
|Golden Sunfury Protector||800||100|
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- Shields up!
- I got this.
Lore[edit | edit source]
- The Sunfury forces are a group of high-ranking blood elves once loyal to Kael'thas Sunstrider. The bulk of their army had been established both in Netherstorm and Shadowmoon Valley, while several of their members left the main contingent to follow other pursuits; mainly, the Scryers and the blood elven forces loyal to Illidan Stormrage.
- In the waning moments of Prince Kael'thas' ill-fated assault on the Sunwell Plateau, the prince recalled his loyal servitors on Outland to his side at Quel'Danas. Though some remnants of his army would heed this call, and become known as the Dawnblade, others did not: a number of the Sunfury forces broke away from the prince's increasingly damning path, and instead reaffirmed their loyalty to their homeland of Quel'Thalas and its acting regent, Lor'themar Theron. Though little is known of the organization's current status, their presence has ensured the Farstriders have become less strained with protecting the nation's borders.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The artwork for this card comes from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "Fields of Honor" series, for the card Addisyn the Untouchable.
- A blood elf very similar in appearance to the Sunfury Protector appears in Freedom, one of three web comics released prior to the launch of Knights of the Frozen Throne. When the Pompous Thespian asks if anyone else in his audience seeks the Frozen Throne, the blood elf steps forward and places her shield on the table, stating that she has let others rule her destiny for too long, and that she seeks the freedom to answer to nobody and the wherewithal to see the world at her whim. In response, the thespian tells a tale about Valeera Sanguinar and what it means to have "freedom".
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 18.104.22.16890 (2013-10-02): Now only gives adjacent minions Taunt.
- Previously: Battlecry: Your other minions gain Taunt. [2 mana, 2 attack, 3 health, Rare]