|Abilities:||Increment attribute, Modify cost|
Your minions cost (2) less, but not less than (1).
NOT LESS THAN 1! Don't get any ideas!
How to get[edit | edit source]
Summoning Portal can be obtained through Classic card packs, through crafting, or as an Arena reward. Golden Summoning Portal can also be obtained through the Highest Rank Bonus chest at the end of each Ranked season.
|Golden Summoning Portal||400||50|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Summoning Portal's ongoing effect is applied before any other cost-modification effect, regardless of order of play.
- Example: Emperor Thaurissan's effect has triggered while holding a 3-Cost minion. Summoning Portal reduces the minion to 1 Mana and Thaurissan's enchantment is applied afterwards, making it cost 0 Mana.
- Example: If a minion card with a base mana cost of 1 has its cost increased by some effect, playing a Summoning Portal will not reduce the final mana cost of the minion: since Summoning Portal's effect is applied first, it cannot decrease the mana cost of the 1-Cost minion below 1 and has no effect; only then is the cost-increasing effect applied.
- Summoning Portal does not increase the mana cost of a 0-Cost minion to 1.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
The Summoning Portal is most useful in the mid game when your mana pool is still too low to put out bigger minions but sufficiently large to be able to get the Summoning Portal into play, thus effectively reducing the cost of all minions by 2. It can also be used during the late-game to get multiple big minions out.
Lore[edit | edit source]
The Summoning Portal is used by warlocks as part of the Ritual of Summoning.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The artwork for this card comes from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "Worldbreaker" series, for the card Summoning Portal.
- Prior to Goblins vs Gnomes, Summoning Portal was the only warlock minion which was not a Demon.
- The golden art for this card shows the silhouette of an eredar lord, matching the art for Lord Jaraxxus, waiting on the other side of the portal.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 220.127.116.1188 (2013-06-22): Now costs 4 Mana, up from 3.
References[edit | edit source]
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuK4W6kiMlY&t=4m31s - Deathwing's cost is reduced to 0 mana, so Thaurissan's enchantment must be being applied after the Portals have reduced the cost, despite the Portals being played after Thaurissan had activated.
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYu5BjiVV_w - Loatheb's cost is reduced to 0 mana, so Shadowstep must be being applied after the Portals have reduced the cost.
- PhantomBang (2013-11-21). Freezing Trap + Summoning Portal. Retrieved on 2015-07-12.
- Atleticano (2014-07-03). Summoning Portal and Freezing Trap?. Retrieved on 2015-07-12.
- "<Fisker> nope <Fisker> target dummy still costs 0 <Fisker> same for wisp". Reported in #hearthsim IRC channel, Tested in Patch 18.104.22.16886 (TGT patch)