Battlecry: Discard a random card.
Warlocks have it pretty good.
How to get[edit | edit source]
Two copies of Succubus are automatically included in all players' collections upon unlocking the warlock class.
Notes[edit | edit source]
Strategy[edit | edit source]
The Succubus sacrifices card efficiency for a lower mana cost, so she is often played in aggressive decks that focus on winning the game early. One could also choose to hold off from playing the Succubus until she is the only card in hand to avoid the discard entirely.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- You're in trouble now.
- As the master wishes.
Lore[edit | edit source]
The Succubus is a warlock minion in World of Warcraft. A light-damage minion, she is primarily used for crowd control through her Seduction ability. She can also knock enemies back with Whiplash, and evade early detection with her Lesser Invisibility.
- A succubus is a demon of the Sayaad race. They are predominantly loyal to the Burning Legion. Like all demons, she enjoys bringing death and misery to the mortal races — but that doesn't mean she can't have fun with them first. Many warlocks choose a succubus as a fellow companion for their ability to manipulate those weak of will. It is not uncommon for a succubus in a mortal's servitude to fall uncontrollably in love with him or her; this occurrence is not always to the master's advantage, though, for a devoted succubus can be prone to fits of extreme jealousy, especially when her master deals with those of the opposite sex.
- A succubus usually tries to avoid direct confrontation, preferring instead to use her natural (and supernatural) charm to gain a creature's trust, then to lure her victim into a defenseless position. In open combat, a succubus is far from helpless, however. She is surprisingly agile, always attempting to feint or flank an opponent, thus allowing her to backstab with her lash of pain. Most warlocks tend to trust their succubus's natural instincts in combat. This trust comes as much from respect for her abilities as it does from the realization that a succubus may ignore an order she doesn’t agree with anyway. This is especially true when an opponent threatens her master directly, as she may become reckless trying to save him.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The artwork for this card comes from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "Fields of Honor" series, for the card Hesriana.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 126.96.36.19940 (April or May 2013): Stats changed from 4/4 to 4/3.
- Hearthside Chat: Upcoming Arena Changes with Dean Ayala. (2016-09-08).