Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
|Tags:||Health-related, Triggered effect|
At the start of your turn, restore this minion to full Health.
Stoneskin Gargoyles love freeze tag.
How to get[edit | edit source]
|Golden Stoneskin Gargoyle||400||50|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Stoneskin Gargoyle's triggered effect attempts to heal the minion itself for an amount equal to the difference between its maximum and current Health. This is different from all other effects that restore a character to full Health (such as Ancestral Healing and Reno Jackson), since they always attempt to heal their target character for an amount equal to its maximum Health.
- When used in combination with Auchenai Soulpriest or Embrace the Shadow, this minion's triggered effect will deal damage instead.
- Example: If you control an Auchenai Soulpriest, a 1/3 Stoneskin Gargoyle will inflict (4 - 3) = 1 damage to itself, thus becoming a 1/2.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Due to its Health-regenerating ability, the Gargoyle can be a very effective Taunt. Cards like Mark of the Wild can be used to grant it Taunt and increase its Health, allowing it to regularly trade against other minions without being destroyed in the process.
Note that the Gargoyle only restores its Health at the start of the controlling player's turn, not each turn. This means that if the Gargoyle is damaged during the controlling player's turn, the opponent will have a full turn to attempt to remove it before it can regenerate. This can discourage using the Gargoyle to directly attack other minions during your turn, since this will strongly increase the likelihood of it being removed by the opponent that turn.
Lore[edit | edit source]
- The dreaded gargoyles of Northrend are voracious flying creatures who revel in slaughter and mayhem.
- Brought from the frozen north by the armies of the Lich King, these strange, wiry flyers have rough, crystalline hides which protect them from all manner of attacks. Gargoyles make effective scouts and can be deadly if left to rain attacks from the air, but they have a very obvious weakness. Most of them have to go through long periods resting as stone to maintain the energy they need to carry their heavy bodies through the air. In times of great peril, gargoyles also land and condense their crystalline hides into the stone-like surface to make themselves nearly impervious to any forms of attacks. Though they are unable to attack in this state, they can take time to regenerate their wounds and replenish their energies. The grotesque is a smaller gargoyle that is used to divert the flow of rainwater on Scourge buildings to prevent mausoleum flooding.
- Gargoyles were brought to Lordaeron by Arthas for the siege of Silvermoon. Now, gargoyles live in the Eastern Plaguelands and the Ghostlands. There are also some gargoyles affiliated with the Twilight's Hammer and the Old Gods. It is unknown if these are related to the Scourge gargoyles or if they have been created by the Old Gods.
History[edit | edit source]
Stoneskin Gargoyle's original design was that of a 1 Mana 1/2 Beast.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The artwork for this card comes from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "Icecrown" series, for the card Stonespine Gargoyle.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 220.127.116.1124 (2014-07-22): Added.