Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
|Set:||Whispers of the Old Gods|
Deal 9 damage randomly split among ALL characters
Most citizens of Darkshire wear those surgical masks to prevent spreading Madness to tourists.
How to get[edit | edit source]
|Golden Spreading Madness||800||100|
Notes[edit | edit source]
This spell shoots 9 missiles, each one dealing 1 damage to a randomly selected character:
- Each missile is resolved (queuing and resolving triggered effects, such as that of Acolyte of Pain) before the next one is shot.
- As with all random effects, the missiles can hit any character, including friendly minions, Immune targets (which will however suffer no damage), Stealthed minions and both heroes.
- Characters which have been mortally wounded by earlier missiles or destroyed by triggered effects like Acidmaw will not be selected as targets for subsequent missiles (thus preventing missiles from dealing 'overkill' damage to targets that have already been destroyed by earlier missiles).
- Bonuses from Spell Damage and Prophet Velen will increase the total damage of this spell, not the damage dealt by each missile: for example, with Spell Damage +2 this spell will shoot 2 extra missiles, each one still dealing just 1 damage.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
- Can be used to kill or weaken low Health minions on the field, but its unpredictability makes it a weak board clear and may result in an undesirable outcome. Best used when the enemy has board control.
- This card works well with cards that gain benefits from you suffering damage, such as Grim Patron, Gurubashi Berserker, Acolyte of Pain or Floating Watcher.
- Has some synergy against minions with Divine Shield and minions buffed by Steward of Darkshire as they only have 1 Health.
Lore[edit | edit source]
- Yogg-Saron is just CRAZY for madness, and the insidious power of its whispers easily takes mortal minds one step beyond. Of course, every good (bad?) Warlock knows that if you want to make it through the day, you’ve got to embrace a little trousers-on-head craziness. Who wouldn’t cast a spell like this and say, “Welcome to the house of fun!”
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 188.8.131.5274 (2016-04-24): Added.
References[edit | edit source]
- Whispers of the Old Gods – It's Never a Yawn with Yogg-Saron. (2016-04-07).