We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: TBD -- Update: Fri 10/20 11pm UTC - We have encountered some unexpected issues. Our staff is working around the clock to complete this process as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.
|Set:||Journey to Un'Goro|
|Tags:||Deathrattle-related, Summoning-related, Triggered effect|
After you summon a minion, trigger its Deathrattle effect.
She sees the fate of anyone she meets, but it's always the same: dinosaur attack.
How to get[edit | edit source]
|Golden Spiritsinger Umbra||3200||1600|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- When two copies of Umbra are in play, summoning a minion with Deathrattle will cause the Deathrattle to trigger twice.
- When both Umbra and Baron Rivendare is in play, Deathrattles triggered because of Umbra's effect will also trigger twice.
- The two effects above stack: When Baron Rivendare and two copies of Umbra are in play, Deathrattles trigger a total of four times when the minion is played.
- If Unearthed Raptor is played while Umbra is on the battlefield, the Raptor's Battlecry resolves before Umbra's effect, so the copied Deathrattle will trigger.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
This card has a very strong effect, and will snowball out of control if your opponent doesn't deal with it. It essentially transforms all Deathrattles into Battlecries, while still having them keep their Deathrattle for when they die. This minion shouldn't be played solo but instead combined with a valuable Deathrattle minion on a later turn, otherwise your opponent can easily remove it due to its low stats.
Since the condition is Summon and not Play, Umbra works with Deathrattle minions that are directly summoned, such as Living Mana and Dreadsteed. (Indeed, summoning a Dreadsteed with Umbra on the board used to repeatedly trigger the effect from newly summoned steeds, resulting in an entire field of Dreadsteeds.) However, it won't work with Deathrattle buffs, like Ancestral Spirit or Spikeridged Steed, since those aren't being summoned.
A very effective combination, though hard to pull off due to the mana cost and the required board state, is to play Umbra and Moat Lurker on a board with a good Deathrattle minion. Example: You start the turn with Infested Tauren on the board. You first summon Spiritsinger Umbra and then follow up with Moat Lurker, using the Infested Tauren as its target. The Moat Lurker's Battlecry destroys the Infested Tauren, causing its deathrattle to summon a Slime. Umbra will then cause the Moat Lurker's deathrattle to summon a new Infested Tauren, which in turn also immediately triggers its deathrattle for a second slime. When in a later turn the Moat Lurker itself is destroyed, it will summon yet another Infested Tauren.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- The greatest virtue is patience.
- Haste makes waste.
Lore[edit | edit source]
Umbra is the leader of the tortollans of Un'Goro Crater. After Professor Doyle and Eddie Malone were rescued from a group of saurok by the tortollans, Eddie asked Umbra for help in finding the other expedition members. Umbra simply smiled and said "The greatest virtue is patience".
After Doyle and Eddie spent a few days in a murloc village atop the back of a gentle megasaur, Umbra shouted something to the murloc leader and pointed in the direction of the volcano in the center of Un'Goro, causing the entire village to begin moving in that direction. When they arrived at the foot of the volcano, Umbra took the two explorers aside and told them to climb the "fire mountain" to see "the truth", leaving Eddie to wonder what she meant.
Like the rest of the tortollans, Umbra is unique to Hearthstone.
Artist[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 126.96.36.19936 (2017-04-04) Added.
References[edit | edit source]
- Hearthstone - Best of Spiritsinger Umbra at 1:30. (2017-04-19).
- Hearthstone - Best of Spiritsinger Umbra at 11:09. (2017-04-19).
- Epic Hearthstone Plays #167 at 5:17. (2017-04-30).
- Epic Hearthstone Plays #167 at 1:40. (2017-04-30).
- Blizzard Entertainment (2017-03-14). E. Malone's Expedition Journal - Week Two. Retrieved on 2017-03-26.
- Blizzard Entertainment (2017-03-21). E. Malone's Journal - Week Three. Retrieved on 2017-03-26.