|Set:||Journey to Un'Goro|
|Tags:||Deathrattle-related, Summoning-related, Triggered effect|
After you summon a minion, trigger its Deathrattle effect.
She sees the fate of anyone she meets, but it's always the same: dinosaur attack.
|This article may need cleanup to meet quality standards.
Please help Discussion page may contain suggestions.
Please help if you can. The Discussion page may contain suggestions.
Reason: "The grammar in the Notes section needs work."
How to get[edit | edit source]
|Golden Spiritsinger Umbra||3200||1600|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Minions with Battlecry and Deathrattle, like Carnivorous Cube and Voodoo Doll, will trigger their Battlecry before their Deathrattle.
- Destroying Umbra with Carnivorous Cube, will kill Umbra without triggering Carnivorous Cube's Deathrattle.
- If another minion with Deathrattle is summoned by a Battlecry that kills Umbra, its Deathrattle will trigger before Umbra is destroyed.
- Deathrattles gained by the Battlecry (e.g. Unearthed Raptor, Seeping Oozeling, and Lynessa Sunsorrow) will not trigger.
- On-hand enchantments like Val'anyr will trigger.
- Deathrattles of minions summoned for your opponent (e.g. Master Chest) will trigger.
- Multiple copies of Spiritsinger Umbra stack, triggering Deathrattles once per copy.
- Deathrattles triggered by Spiritsinger Umbra are doubled by Baron Rivendare's ongoing effect. 
- Pyros and The Skeleton Knight (if the Joust is won) will return to your hand when played; they will not generate additional copies of themselves.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
This card has a very strong effect, and will snowball out of control if your opponent doesn't deal with it. It essentially gives a minions a Battlecry that activates their Deathrattle, while still having them keep their Deathrattle for when they die. This minion shouldn't be played solo but instead combined with a valuable Deathrattle minion on a later turn, otherwise your opponent can easily remove it due to its low stats.
Since the condition is Summon and not Play, Umbra works with Deathrattle minions that are directly summoned, such as Living Mana and Dreadsteed. However, it won't work with Deathrattle buffs, like Ancestral Spirit or Spikeridged Steed, since those aren't being summoned.
A very effective combination is to combo it with a Carnivorous Cube and a strong minion. When you destroy another one of your minion while Umbra is in play, it instantly creates two copies of it. Later when the Cube is destroyed, it creates two more, resulting in four copies of a minion. When used on a Deathrattle minion, this effectively gives you use a single Deathrattle 5 times. It also works well with a Charge minion if you can keep one alive or find a way to summon one for free. The best minion for this is Doomguard that was summoned with a Skull of the Man'ari, and the Cube can be killed the same turn with Dark Pact or Sanguine Reveler, dealing 25 damage for 10 mana. Moat Lurker can also be used instead of a Carnivorous Cube, but is much less effective.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- The greatest virtue is patience.
- Haste makes waste.
Lore[edit | edit source]
Umbra is the leader of the tortollans of Un'Goro Crater. After Professor Doyle and Eddie Malone were rescued from a group of saurok by the tortollans, Eddie asked Umbra for help in finding the other expedition members. Umbra simply smiled and said "The greatest virtue is patience".
After Doyle and Eddie spent a few days in a murloc village atop the back of a gentle megasaur, Umbra shouted something to the murloc leader and pointed in the direction of the volcano in the center of Un'Goro, causing the entire village to begin moving in that direction. When they arrived at the foot of the volcano, Umbra took the two explorers aside and told them to climb the "fire mountain" to see "the truth", leaving Eddie to wonder what she meant.
Like the rest of the tortollans featured in the expansion, Umbra is unique to Hearthstone.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 22.214.171.12436 (2017-04-04) Added.
References[edit | edit source]
- Hearthstone - Best of Spiritsinger Umbra at 1:30. (2017-04-19).
- Hearthstone - Best of Spiritsinger Umbra at 11:09. (2017-04-19).
- Blizzard Entertainment (2017-03-14). E. Malone's Expedition Journal - Week Two. Retrieved on 2017-03-26.
- Blizzard Entertainment (2017-03-21). E. Malone's Journal - Week Three. Retrieved on 2017-03-26.