Spirit of the Frog
|Abilities:||Put into hand, Stealth|
|Tags:||Cost-related, Spell-related, Triggered effect|
Stealth for 1 turn.
Whenever you cast a spell, draw a spell from your deck that costs (1) more.
It is Wednesday, my dudes.
How to get[edit | edit source]
Spirit of the Frog can be obtained through Rastakhan's Rumble card packs, through crafting, or as an Arena reward. Golden Spirit of the Frog can also be obtained through the Highest Rank Bonus chest at the end of each Ranked season.
|Spirit of the Frog||100||20|
|Golden Spirit of the Frog||800||100|
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Spirit of the Frog uses discounted costs for its calculation. A spell discounted from 2 to 0 will draw a 1 mana spell.
Lore[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- During the development of Rastakhan's Rumble, the shaman team was originally planned to be themed around the panther loa Bethekk, with the accompanying "Spirit of the Panther" card having an effect similar to the one later given to Spirit of the Frog. Furthermore, before being shifted to the shaman class, Krag'wa was at one point considered as the warrior loa with an accompanying "Shrine to Krag'wa" card in the form of a 6-mana 2/8 minion with "Can't attack. Whenever you draw a minion, summon a copy of it" as the precursor to Spirit of the Frog.
- Spirit of the Frog's flavor text is a reference to the internet meme "It is Wednesday, my dudes", which is associated with a picture of a frog of the species Lepidobatrachus laevis.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 22.214.171.124845 (2018-11-29): Added.
References[edit | edit source]
- Blizzard Entertainment (2018-11-02). BlizzCon 2018 Opening Ceremony. YouTube. Retrieved on 2018-11-04.
- Cam Shea (2019-02-04). Hearthstone: Peter Whalen and Dean Ayala on Designing Key Rastakhan Cards. IGN. Retrieved on 2019-02-06.