Soggoth the Slitherer
|Set:||Whispers of the Old Gods|
Can't be targeted by spells or Hero Powers.
Don't tell Soggoth, but in the future he gets totally owned by the Master's Glaive and his skull becomes a tourist attraction.
How to get[edit | edit source]
|Soggoth the Slitherer||1600||400|
|Golden Soggoth the Slitherer||3200||1600|
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- Fall before the Old Gods.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
The combination of 9 Health and the untargetable "Elusive" ability makes this minion a very effective Taunt. Its Elusive ability forces the opponent to remove it through either untargeted or area of effect removal, or else through combat.
Lore[edit | edit source]
Soggoth the Slitherer is a massive n'raqi or "faceless one".
- Soggoth the Slitherer is the name of the slain tentacled creature, a minion of the Old Gods, at the Master's Glaive in Darkshore.
- According to Archaeologist Groff, the Master's Glaive was the site of an ancient battle. The titans sent twenty of their stone giants against Soggoth. Of those twenty giants, only one survived. The tablets say that Kronn, the largest of the stone giants, allowed himself to be entangled by Soggoth's tendrils -- just long enough to be lifted close enough to the creature's skull and within reach of Kronn's mighty sword.
- In the wake of the shattering of Azeroth the Twilight's Hammer clan sought to resurrect Soggoth. However due to interference of the Ancients and the Alliance they were only able to bring forth a remnant of the being back to alive. During the battle that followed Alliance adventures were able to slay the Avatar of Soggoth, putting an end to the Slitherer and saving Darkshore.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 184.108.40.20674 (2016-04-24): Added.