Sir Finley of the Sands
|Set:||Saviors of Uldum|
|Abilities:||Battlecry, Discover, Replace Hero Power|
|Tags:||Deck-related, Hero Power-related|
|Voice actor:||Terrence Stone|
Battlecry: If your deck has no duplicates, Discover an upgraded Hero Power.
"The sands shall be my sea! And this scarab shall be my, er, strange and wriggly boat!"
How to get[edit | edit source]
|Sir Finley of the Sands||1600||400|
|Golden Sir Finley of the Sands||3200||1600|
Generated Hero Powers[edit | edit source]
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Sir Finley's Battlecry is very powerful when played early, but while in theory you could get the benefits of Odd Paladin one turn later, since the Hero Powers generated are random, there is no way to build your deck around them, not to mention the "no duplicates" restriction limits your availability of the best, most power synergistic cards for it, as well as the fact that you need to draw him first to get the upgraded Hero Power. Sir Finley is better played reactively than proactively, choosing the Hero Power that fits the current situation and need the best, like Tank Up! or Heal for defense, Ballista Shot to finish off opponents, Poisoned Daggers for early game tempo, and so on.
Sir Finley can also be played simply as a vanilla 2/3 murloc in murloc decks. In fact, with Tip the Scales you could run some duplicate cards and still be able to somewhat reliably activate his Battlecry if you drew him earlier.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- Onward, to adventure!
- Alternative summon (when the enemy hero is Morgl the Oracle)
- Salutations cousin.
- I must insist!
Lore[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Sir Finley of the Sands was the first card designed for Saviors of Uldum. When assigning the members of the League of Explorers to specific classes, Team 5 almost instantly knew that Finley would be a paladin, citing the fact that he was at some point knighted and has "Sir" in his name as well as because they feel that murlocs have a special place with paladins. When discussing how the explorers have "levelled up" since their last appearance together in The League of Explorers, it was clear that Finley could level up by letting players Discover an upgraded class Hero Power instead of a basic one.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 22.214.171.124708 (2019-08-06): Added.
References[edit | edit source]
- Ricardo C. Esteves (2019-07-18). World Exclusive - Hearthstone: Saviors of Uldum card reveal. Gamereactor. Retrieved on 2019-07-20.
- Ben Thompson on reddit. (2019-07-10). Retrieved on 2019-07-18.