Sir Finley of the Sands
|Set:||Saviors of Uldum|
|Abilities:||Battlecry, Discover, Replace Hero Power|
|Tags:||Deck-related, Hero Power-related|
|Voice actor:||Terrence Stone|
Battlecry: If your deck has no duplicates, Discover an upgraded Hero Power.
"The sands shall be my sea! And this scarab shall be my, er, strange and wriggly boat!"
- For other representations of Sir Finley, see Sir Finley (disambiguation).
How to get[edit | edit source]
|Sir Finley of the Sands||1600||400|
|Golden Sir Finley of the Sands||3200||1600|
Generated Hero Powers[edit | edit source]
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Sir Finley's Battlecry is very powerful when played early, allowing the Paladin access to a powerful Hero Power for the rest of the game. Even though Finley's condition looks restrictive, Paladin has lots of strong cards Aggressive decks can especially make use of his effect, improving their tempo with high-pressure hero powers like Poisoned Daggers and Ballista Shot. Control decks can also make use of Tank Up! and Heal. Any archetype gains long-term value from Fireblast Rank 2, The Silver Hand, and Soul Tap.
Arguably, the largest bonus to use Sir Finley of the Sands is the ability to include Zephrys the Great in your deck. Zephrys' insane flexibility will help make up for some of the drop in card consistency.
In slower decks, Sir Finley can be searched for using Witchwood Piper as long as he's your lowest-cost minion.
Sir Finley can also be played simply as a vanilla 2/3 murloc in murloc decks. In fact, with Tip the Scales you could run some duplicate cards and still be able to somewhat reliably activate his Battlecry if you drew him earlier.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- Onward, to adventure!
- Alternative summon (when the enemy hero is Morgl the Oracle)
- Salutations cousin.
- I must insist!
Lore[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Sir Finley of the Sands was the first card designed for Saviors of Uldum. When assigning the members of the League of Explorers to specific classes, Team 5 almost instantly knew that Finley would be a paladin, citing the fact that he was at some point knighted and has "Sir" in his name as well as because they feel that murlocs have a special place with paladins. When discussing how the explorers have "levelled up" since their last appearance together in The League of Explorers, it was clear that Finley could level up by letting players Discover an upgraded class Hero Power instead of a basic one.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 188.8.131.52708 (2019-08-06): Added.
References[edit | edit source]
- Ricardo C. Esteves (2019-07-18). World Exclusive - Hearthstone: Saviors of Uldum card reveal. Gamereactor. Retrieved on 2019-07-20.
- Ben Thompson on reddit. (2019-07-10). Retrieved on 2019-07-18.