|Set:||Knights of the Frozen Throne|
Copy the lowest Cost minion in your hand.
It's like déjà vu, times two.
How to get[edit | edit source]
Simulacrum can be obtained through Knights of the Frozen Throne card packs, through crafting, or as an Arena reward. Golden Simulacrum can also be obtained through the Highest Rank Bonus chest at the end of each Ranked season.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- When determining which minion in the player's hand to generate a copy of, Simulacrum looks at their current costs, including any cost reduction effects. If there are several minions with the same cost, Simulacrum will choose one of them at random.
- Simulacrum will not copy any in-hand card buffs. This may be a bug.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Simulacrum works well in Quest Mage, where it can be used to get an additional copy of Sorcerer's Apprentice. In addition, it plays really well with cards that reduce their cost on their own like Nerubian Prophet or Arcane Giant as they need less effort to power up the effect of this card. With the introducing of Kobolds and Catacombs, you can now play Exodia without Quest, using two Simulacrum on a Sorcerer's Apprentice and then playing Leyline Manipulator, which makes the two new Apprentices free. When you have ten mana, play Archmage Antonidas, the two free Apprentices, another Apprentice and a Molten Reflection for infinite Fireball.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The artwork for this card comes from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "Scourgewar" series, for the card Icy Torment. This artwork is also used for the card Pure Cold, used by the Sapphiron boss in Curse of Naxxramas.
Artist[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 188.8.131.5257 (2017-08-08): Added.
References[edit | edit source]
- Peter Whalen on Twitter. (2017-08-01).