|Set:||Madness at the Darkmoon Faire|
|Abilities:||Battlecry, Take control|
Battlecry: Choose a direction to rotate all minions.
"You might remember me from such attractions as 'Being Shot out of a Cannon' or 'That Carousel Ate My Friend.'"
How to get[edit | edit source]
Regular Silas Darkmoon automatically given to each player the first time they log into Hearthstone starting from October 22, 2020.
Golden Silas Darkmoon is given to each player, who has purchased the Darkmoon Faire Rewards Track Tavern Pass.
Regular and golden Silas Darkmoon are Uncraftable (cannot be crafted or disenchanted).
Choice cards[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Silas rotates all minions in the chosen direction, identical to The Haunted Carousel tavern brawl. The outermost minions switch control. This can include Silas himself.
- If a Dormant minion is on the edge of the board, it will be ignored and the next adjacent minion will swap instead.
- If Silas is rotated with Brann Bronzebeard on board or Heart of Vir'naal active, the second rotation will be random.
- "This Way" rotates clockwise (right), while "That Way" rotates counter-clockwise (left).
Known bugs[edit | edit source]
- If Silas is played with a opponent's board full of Dormant minions, the maximium of 7 minions can be passed.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
- Please add any available information to this section.
Generally, you want to ensure what you give your opponent is much worse than what you take from them. For example, paladins can trade a Silver Hand Recruit for a larger threat. Be mindful of your outermost minions. Even on an empty board, Silas will trade himself away, although this can still be used to steal high-impact minions like Rattlegore and Obsidian Statue.
While you might lose some value of Silas from this, stealing an opponent's minion buffed with spells like Libram of Wisdom or just combo pieces like Gadgetzan Auctioneer can prove to be useful, with the former disrupting potential Libram and Yogg-Saron, Master of Fate strategies and the latter hurting decks like Miracle Rogue or decks based on C'Thun, the Shattered.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- The Darkmoon Faire! Adventure and excitement awaits!
- Faire is family!
Lore[edit | edit source]
- Silas Darkmoon is the founder and leader of the Darkmoon Faire, an exotic bunch of wandering showmen, who together celebrate the wondrous and mysterious idiosyncrasies found in Azeroth. Previously operating in Mulgore and Elwynn Forest, his Faire has since the time of Deathwing's fall moved to Darkmoon Island.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Silas Darkmoon was the seventh card available in Play mode before the release of the expansion it belonged to.
- Silas Darkmoon's flavor text is a reference to The Simpsons character Troy McClure.
- The flavor of Silas' Battlecry references the Darkmoon Carousel in the Faire. His theme also comes from the Darkmoon Carousel's music.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 188.8.131.52003 (2021-01-21): Fixed a bug where losing control of a minion immediately when it comes into play (such as playing Silas Darkmoon on an empty board) would not correctly Corrupt cards in hand.
- Patch 184.108.40.206614 (2020-11-12): Flavor text added.
- Patch 220.127.116.11160 (2020-10-22): Added.