|Set:||Goblins vs Gnomes|
|Abilities:||Battlecry, Increment attribute|
Battlecry: Give a minion -2 Attack this turn.
After the debacle of the Gnomish World Enlarger, gnomes are wary of size-changing inventions.
How to get[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Shrinkmeister cannot lower a minion's Attack below 0.
- Note that if your opponent doesn't have any minions on their field, you will have to target one of your own.
- Note that if the target minion's Attack is reduced to 0, it will no longer deal damage in combat, allowing other targets to attack it without suffering damage or removing any Divine Shields. Abilities which are triggered through dealing damage, such as that of Maexxna, will also not activate unless damage is actually dealt by the minion, making it a useful way to temporarily neutralise these abilities.
- When used upon a minion with 2 or 1 Attack, Shrinkmeister can be combined with Reversing Switch or Crazed Alchemist to destroy the target. This is because the minion's Attack will be lowered to 0, and their Attack and Health then switched - resulting in 0 Health, and the immediate death of the minion. Note that may not work on minions affected by Health-increasing auras, such as that of Stormwind Champion.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
In terms of trading its effect can be considered as +2 Health to the attacking minion, potentially allowing you to trade 2 for 1 and keep field advantage. This can be especially useful when using multiple minions to attack the same minion, with the benefit essentially multiplied by the number of targets suffering the affected minion's Attack that turn. For example, a Priest might use a Big Game Hunter, a Knife Juggler and an Ironbeak Owl to attack a Deathlord, in the process destroying all three attacking minions. By first using the Shrinkmeister, the Deathlord's Attack would be reduced to 0, allowing all three attacking minions to survive, while the Deathlord would still be destroyed.
In addition to this, Shrinkmeister can be used to gain additional card draw when using Holy Nova or Circle of Healing with Northshire Cleric, by allowing your minions to survive attacking enemy minions they would otherwise die, allowing you to heal them afterwards. For example, a Priest might have a Shadowboxer, a Northshire Cleric and an Evil Heckler on the board while the opponent has a Chillwind Yeti. While a Shrinkmeister allows the Evil Heckler to survive killing the Yeti by itself, the Priest could attack the Yeti with both the Shadowboxer and the Cleric first, damaging them, then allowing significant card draw after using Circle of Healing.
Very useful if you want to use Shadow Word: Pain on a minion with 4 or 5 Attack. This card increases the utility of Shadow Word: Pain and in combination with Shadow Word: Death gives the priest a removal solution for minions of any Attack.
Shrinkmeister works with numerous effects which are dependent on specific Attack values. For example it can allow you to steal an opponent's 4-5 Attack minion with Shadow Madness, or 3-4 Attack minion with Cabal Shadow Priest; or to destroy a 3-4 Attack minion with Stampeding Kodo.
Shrinkmeister can also be used to target your own minions. This can be useful for stealing a 4-5 Health minion with Sylvanas Windrunner, by preventing her from killing it outright when she attacks.
The card's combo potential can be increased with a second Shrinkmeister, or by returning the Shrinkmeister to the hand and playing it again.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- Let us see if this works.
- Let's get physical!
Lore[edit | edit source]
Artist[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
Patch 220.127.116.1134 (2014-12-04): Added.