The Shop is the in-game facility for purchasing new card packs and wings of adventures. Purchases may be made in gold or real money. The Shop can be accessed from the main menu, or the Open Packs screen.
Note that the in-game shop is different from the Battle.net online shop.
The Shop window[edit | edit source]
The shop is divided into three panes: Cards, Adventures, and Heroes. The current pane be toggled using the buttons at the bottom of the window.
Clicking outside the Shop window will return the player to the current screen.
Cards[edit | edit source]
The Cards pane allows players to buy card packs. The player can choose between all current Standard format sets. Once a card pack is purchased, the Shop will default to the last purchased card pack until the next time a new card set is released in the Shop.
For a full list of prices and purchasing options, see Purchasing card packs.
Adventure[edit | edit source]
The Adventure pane allows the player to purchase wings from the all current Standard format adventures. The sidebar lists the available adventures, while the main panel provides information and purchasing options, and displays a selection of included cards, as well as any pre-order rewards such as card backs.
Unlike the other items for sale, adventures are not available solely from the Shop - they can also be purchased through the Adventures screen. The Shop allows the player to purchase multi-wing bundles, while the Adventures screen only allows player to unlock one wing at a time.
Wild format adventures cannot be purchased from the Shop. However, players who have already unlocked at least one wing can purchase the others through the Adventures screen.
Heroes[edit | edit source]
The Heroes pane allows players to purchase certain alternate heroes. Each hero can be previewed, along with their card back and hero tray. The sidebar lists all available heroes, with those already purchased placed at the bottom.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Each tab and pane has its own music selection, fitting the related content. The Curse of Naxxramas tab features music from the adventure's selection screens, while Goblins vs Gnomes features three tracks not heard elsewhere in-game, taken from World of Warcraft's gnome starting area, just outside the gnome city of Gnomeregan. Goblin-like crowd noises can also be heard in the background. The Classic tab features the same music as the main menu screen.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 220.127.116.1151 (2016-03-14): Content which will become Wild with the arrival of Standard format is now marked in the Shop with special notices.
- Patch 18.104.22.16866 (2015-06-15):
- The Heroes pane has been added to the Shop.
- The sidebar in the Cards and Adventure tabs has been changed from a plain stone-like appearance to that of a wooden board.
- Selecting Classic packs in the Shop now has its own music, shared with the Practice Mode screen. [This is assumed to be the patch for this change.]
- Patch 22.214.171.12408 (2015-03-19): Updated to include the Blackrock Mountain adventure. The wooden side-board now displays all adventures currently available, using special icons.
- Patch 126.96.36.19928 (2015-01-29): Card packs in the in-game Shop no longer default to Classic card packs. Players must now manually choose which card packs they would like to buy before making a purchase the first time the Shop is used or with each release of new card sets in the Shop. Once a card pack is purchased, the Shop will default to the last purchased card pack until the next time a new card set is released in the Shop.
- Patch 188.8.131.5234 (2014-12-04):
- Updated to include Goblins vs Gnomes card packs. The wooden side-board now displays the various card packs on offer. New music has been added when in the Goblins vs Gnomes tab.
- An option has been added to purchase 60 packs at once. This option is only available using real money.
- Patch 184.108.40.20624 (2014-07-22): The Shop interface has been updated to include Curse of Naxxramas. Now features two panes, Cards and Adventure, as well as a wooden side-pane.
- Patch 220.127.116.1117 (2013-12-10):
- The Store is now called the Shop.
- Parental controls can now disable in-game Shop purchases.
- The Shop has a new icon.