Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
|Set:||Kobolds and Catacombs|
Only you can target this with spells and Hero Powers.
A courser is a courser of course, of course, she's more of a unicorn than a horse...
How to get[edit | edit source]
|Golden Shimmering Courser||1600||400|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This minion gains Elusive on the opponent's turn, which is removed on the player's turn.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
While understatted, this minion becomes powerful after being given buffs. Unlike other Elusive minions, it can be buffed by the player's targeted buffing spells while still making it hard for your opponent to remove it, although it's still vulnerable to minion card effects like Spellbreaker and Vilespine Slayer.
It fits well in a Quest Paladin deck as a great target for single-target buffs.
Lore[edit | edit source]
- The unicorn is a species of horse-like creature living on Azeroth, but, unlike horses, they have a horn growing out of their head. They, or at least the ones ridden by high elves, are descended from a fine line of horses that once grazed near the shores of the Well of Eternity. Many unicorns live on the Broken Isles. The nightborne refer to them as "monohorns", which they claim is a much more fitting name.
- At least some unicorns are tied to the Emerald Dream; dreamrunners, for instance, are capable of traveling between Azeroth and the Emerald Dream at will.
Shimmering Courser specifically uses the appearance of a unicorn from the Broken Isles.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The art for this card is a reference to the 1982 animated film The Last Unicorn. The skeleton seen in the background of Shimmering Courser's card art is a reference to a talking skeleton seen in the film.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 10.0.0.22611 (2017-12-06): Added.