Deal 1 damage to a minion for each Armor you have.
"What is a better weapon? The sharp one your enemies expect, or the blunt one they ignore?" - The Art of Warrior, Chapter 9
How to get[edit | edit source]
Shield Slam can be obtained through Classic card packs, through crafting, or as an Arena reward. Golden Shield Slam can also be obtained through the Highest Rank Bonus chest at the end of each Ranked season.
|Golden Shield Slam||1600||400|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Spell Damage and Prophet Velen increase the total damage dealt by this spell, not the damage per Armor. For example, with 10 Armor and Spell Damage +2, Shield Slam will deal 12 damage.
- This spell can be used if your hero has no Armor, usually dealing no damage unless you have some Spell Damage bonus.
- Casting this spell will not consume existing Armor.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Shield Slam has incredible synergy with the warrior hero power Armor Up!, and armor-boosting cards such as Shield Block, Shieldmaiden and Ironforge Portal. It's not uncommon for a warrior to have 5 or more armor, meaning Shield Slam is usually capable of easily killing strong minions for only 1 mana.
As with other damaging spells, Spell Damage can be used to increase the damage dealt by Shield Slam. More unusually, because Shield Slam has a base damage of 0, increased by the player's Armor total, Spell Damage will allow Shield Slam to deal damage even when the player has no Armor. This is most significant with Malygos, who will allow a player with 0 Armor to cast Shield Slam for 5 damage.
A less common use of Shield Slam is for triggering effects such as Counterspell or Gadgetzan Auctioneer. As a 1-mana spell it is very useful for these purposes, and can be used for such without the hero having any Armor.
Shield Slam can be used to damage friendly minions. This can be useful for triggering powerful effects such as enraging Grommash Hellscream or activating Sylvanas Windrunner's Deathrattle. Always keep in mind the amount of damage Shield Slam will do to avoid misplays, such as destroying your own Grommash.
Lore[edit | edit source]
Based upon the World of Warcraft ability of the same name, this is the bread and butter of any true Protection warrior. It is a staple attack which deals damage and generates Rage to fuel the warrior's other abilities.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The artwork for this card comes from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "Worldbreaker" series, for the card Blessing of Defense.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 126.96.36.19988 (2013-06-22): Added, replacing Death Wish. Deal 1 damage to a minion for each Armor you have. [1 mana]