|Set:||Ashes of Outland|
|Tags:||Class-related, Secret-related, Triggered effect|
After you play a Secret, Discover a Secret from a different class.
What is a shadowjeweler? A miserable little pile of secrets.
How to get[edit | edit source]
|Golden Shadowjeweler Hanar||3200||1600|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Shadowjeweler Hanar's effect is based on the class of the Secret played, not the class of the hero.
- Playing a Secret will always present exactly one choice from each of the other three classes.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Shadowjeweler Hanar lets the Rogue cycle through a large number of Secrets by himself, so long as they have an initial Secret to trigger his effect. You will be able to infinitely use Hanar's effect if he remains on the board, since you'll always have at least one Secret left at the end of your turn. Remember that you can only control 5 Secrets at a time, however. Hanar's unusually high health makes him likely to survive your opponent's turn, even if played on turn 2.
In general, it's a good idea to prioritize taking Secrets that protect Hanar, such as Counterspell, Pressure Plate, and Pack Tactics. It's also important to keep track of your Secrets in play, since you can't have duplicate Secrets in play. Be careful using Bamboozle, since the transform effect can prematurely remove Hanar from the board.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- I never lie, but I never tell the truth.
- Something to hide?
Lore[edit | edit source]
Shadowjeweler Hanar is unique to Hearthstone.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The flavor text is a reference to a line spoken by the character Dracula in the 1997 game Castlevania, Symphony of the Night: "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets."
- The three glowing jewels depicted on Hanar's card art and play animation are green, orange and pink, representing the three possible classes with secrets that you might get with the Discover effect.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 22.214.171.124313 (2020-05-18): Now Now has 4 Health (Down from 5).
- Patch 126.96.36.199222 (2020-03-26): Added.
References[edit | edit source]
- Chadd Nervig on Twitter. (2020-03-19).