|Set:||The Grand Tournament|
|Abilities:||Increment attribute, Modify cost|
|Tags:||Draw-related, Triggered effect|
Whenever you draw a card, reduce its Cost by (1).
Hopes to be promoted to "Shadowfriend" someday.
How to get[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This card's triggered effect triggers whenever a card is drawn and creates a cost-modification enchantment attached to the drawn card that reduces its mana cost by 1. In particular:
- This card's effect does not trigger if the card is put into hand (for example through King's Elekk, Sense Demons, Tracking or Captain's Parrot)[verification requested] or generated instead of being drawn from the deck.
- As usual, effects that copy cards (such as Chromaggus and Thistle Tea) do not copy enchantments attached to those cards (including Shadowfiend's cost-reduction).
- Example: If you have a Shadowfiend in play when you cast Holy Wrath, Shadowfiend triggers on the card being drawn before damage is dealt, and Holy Wrath deals 1 less damage.
- Example: If you have a Shadowfiend in play when you play Gnomish Experimenter, Shadowfiend triggers before Gnomish Experimenter, so the mana cost of the Chicken that enters your hand will not be reduced by 1.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Lore[edit | edit source]
- Shadowfiend is a priest spell that summons a Shadowfiend to fight alongside the priest for 12 seconds, dealing Shadow damage. A pet action bar appears for the priest to command and control its spells.
The Shadowfiend serves as a source of additional damage output, and previously as a means of restoring mana. Priests can upgrade the Shadowfiend with the Mindbender talent, altering its appearance and causing its attacks to restore mana as well as dealing extra damage.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The artwork for this card comes from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "Fires of Outland" series, for the card Shadowfiend.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 188.8.131.5286 (2015-08-18): Added.
References[edit | edit source]
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rR99Z3sFAU Tested in Patch 184.108.40.20657 (Mech War Tavern Brawl patch)