|Set:||Whispers of the Old Gods|
|Abilities:||Battlecry, Copy, Generate, Modify cost, Set attribute|
|Artist:||J. Meyers & A. Bozonnet|
Battlecry: Choose a friendly minion. Add a 1/1 copy to your hand that costs (1).
I mean, it's not creepy if you ASK before you steal their shadow to make a small replica of them to keep on your shelf.
How to get[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The copy minion has its stats set to 1/1 by a special enchantment. This can be removed through a Silence or returning it to the controlling player's hand after it is played, restoring the minion to its original stats.
- No enchantments attached to the target minion will be copied. This includes stat changes, granted Deathrattles, etc. Silences also will not be copied. Any damage dealt to the target minion will not be copied, due to the copy's stats being specifically set to 1/1.
- A Shadowcaster copy of C'Thun will be a 1/1. Any rituals played after it will buff this C'Thun above 1/1, however.
- This card's Battlecry also creates a cost-modification enchantment attached to the generated card that sets its mana cost to 1. This enchantment follows the general rule that multiple cost modifications take effect in order of play: for additional details, see Mana cost.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- The shadows beckon.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
This minion would work well in a deck with minions with powerful Battlecries, Deathrattle or Combo effects, since their value lies in their effects and not their stats, allowing the copy to provide most of the same value again but for only 1 mana. Other effects such as that of The Lich King or Gadgetzan Auctioneer can also prove useful, but will be unlikely to survive for long.
Silences can be used to restore the 1/1 copy to its original stats, which can be worthwhile with bigger minions, but will also remove any abilities. Cards that can re-summon the minion like Moat Lurker and Corpse Raiser can also be used.
You could fill your board with Shadowcasters using only one copy on the board and in your hand. With Valeera the Hollow, you can maintain an infinite supply of 1/1 Shadowcasters while still being able to copy one other minion. For example, you can summon Jade Spirit, copy it with a 1/1 Shadowcaster, then copy that Shadowcaster with the Shadow Reflection copy to create an infinite combo of Jade Golems every turn.
Shadowcaster has even more effective combos in Wild, such as copies of Ragnaros the Firelord and Reno Jackson. Brann Bronzebeard or Spirit of the Shark gives them even more power by creating two copies, giving them more flexibility and allowing for setups of even crazier combos.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 184.108.40.20674 (2016-04-24): Added.