|Set:||Journey to Un'Goro|
Discover a copy of a spell in your deck.
This one’s a bird. And here’s a bunny!
How to get[edit | edit source]
Shadow Visions can be obtained through Journey to Un'Goro card packs, through crafting, or as an Arena reward. Golden Shadow Visions can also be obtained through the Highest Rank Bonus chest at the end of each Ranked season.
|Golden Shadow Visions||1600||400|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- If 3 or fewer different spells are in the deck, all of them are guaranteed to be choices for Shadow Visions' Discover effect.
- If 2 or fewer different spells are in the deck, your opponent will see how many spell cards were offered for the Discover effect. Experienced players can use this information to adapt their strategy.
- Shadow Visions can Discover itself if there is another copy still in the deck.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Shadow Visions is even better when used for value - one strong combo is to use this after Elise the Trailblazer has been played, searching for the Un'Goro Pack. Shadow Visions can also be used with Lyra the Sunshard to generate Priest spells.
With the help of two Radiant Elementals to lower mana costs, and a second copy of Shadow Visions still within your deck - especially if it is one of three or fewer spells left in the deck - you can continually Discover more Shadow Visions copies. With Lyra, this can be repeated enough times to generate a full hand of priest spells in one turn. The same concept can be used for a one turn kill strategy using Mana Addict, Red Mana Wyrm, or Shadowreaper Anduin, with the repeated usage of Shadow Visions stacking up enough damage to kill the opponent.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Shadow Visions had a bug at its release on 6 April 2017 that allowed it to take up all of an opponent's turn by repeatedly casting in one turn, using mana cost discounts and rediscovering itself each time. The animation time would stack up into the opponent's turn, preventing them from playing and essentially causing an automatic win for the caster.
- Example: You get two Radiant Elementals onto the board with Shadow Visions in hand, and have at most 3 spells in your deck, at least one of which is Shadow Visions. You cast Shadow Visions repeatedly for zero mana, selecting Shadow Visions again during each Discover choice, until the queue of animations forces the opponent to rope out and lose their turn. You deal a little bit of damage each turn then repeat the process, until the opponent loses the game.
- Shadow Visions may be based on the Tavern Brawl card Peruse. It had similar effect, but instead of just spells, it could discover any card.
Lore[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
Shadow Visions was originally 1 mana.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 220.127.116.11770 (2018-08-02): The copied card now retains enchantments.
- Patch 18.104.22.16836 (2017-04-04) Added.
References[edit | edit source]
- DisguisedToast (2017-04-07). [Hearthstone] SKIP OPPONENT'S TURN EXPLOIT?! | Journey to Un'Goro.
- Disguised Toast breaks the game with Shadow Visions. (2017-04-07).
- koufkof (2017-04-08). Shadow vision bug fixed.
- TheOnin (2017-04-8). PSA: The Shadow Visions turn lock seems to have been fixed.
- Peter Whalen on Twitter. (2017-03-20).
- Donais, Mike and Peter Whalen. Interview by Cam Shea (2017-05-14). Hearthstone: Designing Un'Goro's Most Innovative Legendary Minions.