|Set:||Mean Streets of Gadgetzan|
|Abilities:||Battlecry, Deal damage, Modify cost|
Battlecry: The next Murloc you play this turn costs Health instead of Mana.
Pretty harmless unless you're a Seadevil.
How to get[edit | edit source]
|Golden Seadevil Stinger||800||100|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Similar to Cho'gall, this card's Battlecry creates a cost-modification enchantment attached to your player. This enchantment causes all your Murlocs to cost damage instead of mana, but wears off as soon as you play a Murloc or at the end of your turn (whichever happens first).
- The mana costs of those cards are affected as usual by cost-modification effects, and thus their "Health cost" is modified accordingly.
- Despite the card's ambiguous wording, Seadevil Stinger's effect deal damage to the controlling hero, creating and resolving a Damage Event whose source is Seadevil Stinger's effect.
- The player must be Immune or have a combined Health and Armor total greater than the final mana cost of an affected card in order to be allowed to play it (regardless of their currently available mana). Trying to play an affected card will otherwise result in an error message.
- Cards in hand that can be played using Seadevil Stinger's effect will have their mana cost highlighted by red bubbles.
- The cost-modification enchantment is attached to your player, not your hero, and thus it will not be cancelled if your hero is replaced by Ragnaros or Lord Jaraxxus.
- For more extensive notes, see Cho'gall#Notes.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
This card is a strong addition to murloc-based decks. By summoning another murloc without being subject to the mana curve, it helps Warlocks swarm their board more easily. Its effect is best reserved for expensive Murlocs like Finja or Corrupted Seer.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 18.104.22.16890 (2016-11-29): Added.