|Set:||The Grand Tournament|
|Tags:||Area of effect, On-draw effect|
|Voice actor:||Dave Mallow|
When you draw this, deal 1 damage to your minions.
A little better than Sea Minus Reaver.
How to get[edit | edit source]
|Golden Sea Reaver||1600||400|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- As an on-draw effect, this card's effect should not trigger if overdrawn when the player's hand is full, discarded by Tracking, or chosen during the mulligan.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
This is a Boulderfist Ogre for warriors that help many of the warrior cards that need his minions damaged to use, Such as Rampage and Battle Rage as well as enrage minions and Minions that trigger based on damage (Acolyte of Pain, Frothing Berserker, ect). Best used in a deck that works off this theme as you cannot control when the effect goes off.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- On draw
- Reaving time!
- The seas belong to us!
- You will drown!
Lore[edit | edit source]
- The kvaldir, or tuk-hariq (meaning "walkers of the fog" or "sons of the mist" in the tuskarr language), also known as sea vrykul, are fearsome seafaring vrykul raiders who roam the seas raiding ships and coastal settlements.
- Long ago, tribes of vrykul were scattered across ancient northern Kalimdor. One tribe in particular struggled against a terrible malaise that ravaged its people.
- Combating this affliction, this "curse of flesh," all but consumed the tribe. After exhausting all natural attempts, the tribe sought the aid of its priestesses. These women plumbed the world of spirits for answers, but they found only a malevolent entity lying in wait.
- Their ritual went horribly wrong, as the entity further corrupted those that sought freedom from their curse. These eternally vengeful beings would later be called the kvaldir.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
The art for this card specifically depicts Drottinn Hrothgar.
- Drottinn Hrothgar is a level 79 kvaldir raider who has claimed Hrothgar's Landing from the local tuskarr.
Voice[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 184.108.40.20686 (2015-08-18): Added.