Deal damage equal to your hero's Attack to a minion.
It is true that some druids are savage, but others still enjoy a quiet moment and a spot of tea.
How to get[edit | edit source]
Savagery can be obtained through Classic card packs, through crafting, or as an Arena reward. Regular Savagery can also be obtained through the Highest Rank Bonus chest at the end of a Ranked season, or as a first-time reward for first time reaching Silver 10 or Gold 10 in Ranked mode.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This spell's damage is increased by bonuses from Spell Damage and Prophet Velen.
- This spell can be used if your hero has 0 Attack, usually dealing no damage unless you have some Spell Damage bonus.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
In most cases, Druids will need to gain Attack in some way to deal damage with this card. This is easily done with Shapeshift, but generally dealing 2 damage for 3 Mana total is very inefficient. Cards that give Attack like Claw, Bite, and Pounce as well as alternate Hero Powers like Dire Shapeshift and Plague Lord are more efficient ways to gain Attack.
The alternative method of gaining Attack is to equip a weapon. Druids are limited to Twig of the World Tree and Atiesh, which have very low attack. Other unreliable ways to gain better weapons is from The Lich King/Arfus (1/8 chance) or from Blingtron 3000 (random results).
Overall, Savagery is a very poor card. In most cases it needs to be comboed with other cards to even be usable, and being limited to targeting minion makes it less versatile. Druids have much better cheap spells for damage or removal, like Moonfire, Lesser Jasper Spellstone, Living Roots, and Crystal Power.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Savagery was removed for selection in Arena on September 15, 2016 but was reinstated on December 9, 2018.
- The artwork for this card comes from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "Tomb of the Forgotten" series, for the card Raso'jin.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 184.108.40.20690 (2013-10-02): Text changed to: "Deal damage equal to your hero's Attack to a minion." Mana cost reduced to 1, from 3.
- Alpha patch 2 (2013-08-12): Mana cost increase to 3, from 2.
- Previously: Deal damage equal to your hero's Attack to all enemy minions. [2 mana, Rare]
References[edit | edit source]
- Dean Ayala (2016-09-08). Hearthside Chat: Upcoming Arena Changes with Dean Ayala. Retrieved on 2019-03-26.
- Blizzard Entertainment (2018-12-19). Arena Updates – December 19 2018. Retrieved on 2019-03-26.
- Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft - Building the Fire (UK). (2013-03-19).