Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Deal damage equal to your hero's Attack to a minion.
It is true that some druids are savage, but others still enjoy a quiet moment and a spot of tea.
How to get[edit | edit source]
Savagery can be obtained through Classic card packs, through crafting, or as an Arena reward. Golden Savagery can also be obtained through the Highest Rank Bonus chest at the end of each Ranked season.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This spell's damage is increased by bonuses from Spell Damage and Prophet Velen.
- This spell can be used if your hero has 0 Attack, usually dealing no damage unless you have some Spell Damage bonus.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
If the druid has Spell Damage on the board, this card can be used to deal damage even if the druid has no Attack. This means that with 10 mana, a druid may play Malygos, two Moonfires (6 damage each), and Savagery (5 damage) for a total of 17 damage. However, as Savagery can only damage minions, this amount of damage is rarely needed.
Since druids do not have any cards that equip weapons except Twig of the World Tree, and all other druid sources of hero attack are temporary, it is typically necessary to either use another ability earlier that turn to gain attack, or have a source of Spell Damage in play, in order to make use of Savagery. A druid can, however, obtain weapons through other means. For example, by copying a paladin's Tirion Fordring using Faceless Manipulator, the druid can equip Ashbringer, causing Savagery to deal at least five damage. In Wild format, Blingtron 3000 is another alternative.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Savagery was removed for selection in Arena on September 15, 2016 but was reinstated on December 9, 2018.
- The artwork for this card comes from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "Tomb of the Forgotten" series, for the card Raso'jin.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 220.127.116.1190 (2013-10-02): Text changed to: "Deal damage equal to your hero's Attack to a minion." Mana cost reduced to 1, from 3.
- Alpha patch 2 (2013-08-12): Mana cost increase to 3, from 2.
- Previously: Deal damage equal to your hero's Attack to all enemy minions. [2 mana, Rare]
References[edit | edit source]
- Dean Ayala (2016-09-08). Hearthside Chat: Upcoming Arena Changes with Dean Ayala. Retrieved on 2019-03-26.
- Blizzard Entertainment (2018-12-19). Arena Updates – December 19 2018. Retrieved on 2019-03-26.
- Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft - Building the Fire (UK). (2013-03-19).