|Set:||Descent of Dragons|
|Abilities:||Battlecry, Copy, Generate, Shuffle into deck, Summon|
Choose a friendly minion. Add a copy of it to your hand, deck and battlefield.
Just wait until you also find a copy in your pocket. And your desk! And your FRIDGE!!
How to get[edit | edit source]
A single non-golden copy of Sathrovarr is automatically given to the player the first time they log into Hearthstone after November 5th, 2019.
A golden copy of Sathrovarr can only be obtained by purchasing a ticket or Virtual Ticket to BlizzCon 2019.
Both the normal and golden versions of Sathrovarr are uncraftable and cannot be crafted or disenchanted.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Sathrovarr is a huge value play, but getting that value is difficult due to his low stats and prohibitively high cost, made more difficult by the fact you need a minion on the battlefield to gain copies of. It is best used on a large minion that can be played out for free, such as Shirvallah, the Tiger and Mulchmuncher.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- I will split your soul apart!
- Pitiful weakling!
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- All players who log into Hearthstone starting November 5, 2019, will receive a normal copy of Sathrovarr for free. All those who attended BlizzCon 2019 or purchased a Virtual Ticket will also receive a golden copy.
- Sathrovarr is the fourth card that was able to be used in Play mode before the release of the expansion it belonged to, the first being Volcanosaur, second being Marin the Fox, and third being Archmage Vargoth.
- Sathrovarr's Battlecry effect is identical to Grimoire of Service, a warlock spell that was cut during the development of Rastakhan's Rumble.
- Sathrovarr unintentionally became unplayable from December 5 to December 10, 2019 due to a bug. The card was labeled as "Not Yet Released". This occurred after the Descent of Dragons patch went live.
Lore[edit | edit source]
- Sathrovarr the Corruptor is a dreadlord and part of the first boss encounter of the Sunwell Plateau raid. He has possessed the blue dragon Kalecgos, who fights players at Apex Point, above the Parhelion Plaza. While doing battle with Kalecgos, players will be transported to the Inner Veil, a shadowy realm where Kalec battles Sathrovarr in his half-elf form in an attempt to stave off his own corruption. Sathrovarr was defeated and Kalec rescued by the adventurers sent by Shattered Sun Offensive.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 126.96.36.199747 (2019-11-05): Added.
References[edit | edit source]
- Hearthstone Update – November 5 – Preparing for Descent of Dragons!. (2019-11-05). Retrieved on 2019-11-07.
- Andrew Kauz (December 6, 2019). UPDATES ON ISSUES AFTER THE 16.0 PATCH. Retrieved on 2019-12-06.
- Sathrovarr No Longer Playable?. (December 6, 2019). Reddit. Retrieved on 2019-12-06.