|Abilities:||Destroy, Restore Health|
Destroy a Demon. Restore 5 Health to your hero.
This is the reason that Demons never really become friends with Warlocks.
How to get[edit | edit source]
Two copies of Sacrificial Pact are a reward for raising a warlock to level 8.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This spell has two steps:
- Sacrificial Pact will no longer be offered for selection in Arena, since the 15th of September 2016. However, it is still obtainable in Arena matches through random effects, such as Spellslinger.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Sacrificial Pact gives Warlocks healing, a valuable resource to Warlocks, for the price of a demon. Ideally, it should target a puny 1/1 imp or a dying minion, such as one affected by Power Overwhelming. Although healing is useful, it's cumbersome to use and its lack of influence on the board makes it a poor card to include in most decks.
Because this card can also be used on your opponent's Demon, it can function as a tech card in a Warlock mirror match. This includes Lord Jaraxxus after he replaces the opponent's hero, resulting in an instant win to the user. You can also use it to counter Mirror Entity; no matter how strong the Demon you're about to play is, you can simply destroy the copy of your Demon with the Sacrificial Pact.
Can also be combined with Dreadsteed to restore 5 Health without any sacrifice.
Lore[edit | edit source]
The unusual relationship between warlocks and their summoned demons is well-documented.
- Warlocks command the obedience of mighty demons, summoning and dismissing them at will, using them as they see fit and sacrificing them the moment it serves the warlock's interests. Even the mighty infernals bow before the will of the warlock.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The artwork for this card comes from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "Fields of Honor" series, for the card Dimzer the Prestidigitator.
- During the game's alpha this spell was called "Grimoire of Sacrifice".
- In One Night in Karazhan's Free Medivh! encounter, if played against Malchezaar, Sacrificial Pact will be Countered, triggering the dialogue "Hahaha! That could never work on a true Eredar Lord!" However, if cast by Yogg-Saron or Tortollan Primalist, it will successfully kill off Malchezaar.
- In the golden version of the card's artwork, the pages being turned seem to be pages of a then-current version of Hearthstone's official site, PlayHearthstone.com.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 22.214.171.12436 (2017-04-04) Rarity changed from Common to Free.
- Patch 126.96.36.19990 (2013-10-02): Mana cost now 0, down from 2. Destroy a Demon. Restore 5 health to your hero. [0 mana, Common]
- Patch 188.8.131.5288 (2013-06-22): Renamed from "Grimoire of Sacrifice" to "Sacrificial Pact".
- Previously: Destroy a Demon. Restore 5 health to your hero. [2 mana, Common]
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcniWFdCBKY Tested in Patch 184.108.40.20674 (WotOG patch)
- Hearthside Chat: Upcoming Arena Changes with Dean Ayala. (2016-09-08).