|Set:||The Grand Tournament|
|Abilities:||Battlecry, Increment attribute, Modify cost, Modify Hero Power|
Battlecry: Your opponent's Hero Power costs (5) more next turn.
Listen all y'all it's a saboteur!
How to get[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This card's Battlecry creates a cost-modification enchantment attached to the enemy player: this means that it will not be cancelled if the enemy's hero or Hero Power is replaced. This enchantment increases by 5 the mana cost of the opponent's Hero Power, and wears off at the end the opponent's turn.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Saboteur is a useful card when playing against Inspire decks. Try to predict when your opponent will want to use their Hero Power and use it to make it harder for them to trigger any Inspire minions. In Arena, this card can be very strong at the right time against classes that use their Hero Power for board control, such as playing it along with a 1-Health minion against Mage and Druid, or against a board with a high-Health minion and a Northshire Cleric against Priest.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- Shall we put a kink in their plans?
- Hahaha! Sneak attack!
Lore[edit | edit source]
Saboteur is a term used in World of Warcraft for a variety of NPCs, often spies, demolitionists, and other technical specialists working against a specific target. Since the illustration is of a blood elf, this card may be based on the Sunhawk Saboteurs on Bloodmyst Isle, who worked to undermine the draenei settlement there.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The artwork for this card comes from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "Through the Dark Portal" series, for the card Tiril Dawnrider.
- This card's flavor text is a reference to the 1994 Beastie Boys song Sabotage. This is the second reference in Hearthstone to the song, following Sabotage.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
Patch 184.108.40.20686 (2015-08-18): Added.
References[edit | edit source]
- Trump (2016-07-04). Hearthstone: Shifty Trump (Tavern Brawl).