Today, 9/19, is the 6th Anniversary of Gamepedia's launch. Join us for an all-day Mega Stream on the Gamepedia Twitch channel! In addition, all users who log in during the anniversary week will receive a special achievement.
|Set:||Goblins vs Gnomes|
Destroy a random enemy minion. Combo: And your opponent's weapon.
Rogues can't stand it. They know you planned it! They are going to set you straight!
How to get[edit | edit source]
Sabotage can be obtained through Goblins vs Gnomes card packs purchased online from the Battle.net shop, or through crafting. Golden Sabotage can also be obtained through the Highest Rank Bonus chest at the end of each Ranked season.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Sabotage can be used with no enemy minions on the board. This allows it to be used simply for destroying the enemy weapon, provided its Combo is activated.
- If the card's Combo effect is activated, first a minion is chosen and marked pending destroy then the weapon is removed from play and its Deathrattle (if any) triggered. Finally the spell is over and death processing runs as normal. This means that if you play Sabotage and it hits an enemy Death's Bite and Grim Patron, regardless of order of play, the Grim Patron will still be on the board when the Death's Bite Deathrattle goes off, spawning a new Grim Patron before dying.
- Using Sabotage to destroy a Tirion Fordring will result in Sabotage's weapon destroy effect taking place before Tirion's Deathrattle is able to equip Ashbringer. This is because multiple effects from the same card, while happening one at a time, are considered to occur simultaneously. As a result, when this card's Combo effect is activated, each destroy effect will attempt to destroy its target, before the deaths of minion, followed by weapon, then resolve, and any Deathrattles are activated.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Sabotage is a situational card, which with the right circumstances can turn the tide of the battle. It is a good idea to keep this card until your opponent has only valuable minions on board, or use its combo effect to destroy the opponent's weapon.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- At one stage during Sabotage's development, the spell had the text "Destroy an enemy minion and all copies of it in your opponent's hand and deck." and cost 6 mana. Ben Brode described the effect as sounding "cool" but playing "pretty badly".
- The card's flavor text is a reference to the 1994 Beastie Boys song: "Sabotage". This has since been followed by another reference to the song, in the flavor text of Saboteur.
- The artwork for this card comes from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "Blood of Gladiators" series, for the card Slash and Dash.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
Patch 184.108.40.20634 (2014-12-04): Added.
References[edit | edit source]
- Ben Brode on Twitter. (2014-12-01).
- Ben Brode on Reddit. (2014-11-26).
- Blizzard Hearthstone Developer AMA - Ben Brode, Yong Woo and Christina Sims!. (2014-12-15).