|Artist:||Alex Horley Orlandelli|
Give a friendly character +3 Attack this turn.
This would be real handy if your enemy is made of rock.
How to get[edit | edit source]
Two copies of Rockbiter Weapon are automatically included in all players' collections upon unlocking the shaman class.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Rockbiter Weapon is a highly versatile card in the shaman's arsenal. Early on it can be used to remove enemy minions, preferably by targeting the shaman himself and preserving his own board control. It can also act as a sudden, potent boost in damage at any stage of the game. To maximize damage it is best used on a creature with Windfury, or even a shaman equipped with the Doomhammer.
Lore[edit | edit source]
In World of Warcraft, Rockbiter Weapon is a shaman ability that adds a 30% threat increase to a shaman's spells and attacks and provides a 5% decrease to all damage taken when a weapon is imbued with it.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The artwork for this card comes from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "War of the Ancients" series, for the card Axe of Cenarius.
- The weapon that is displayed in the card art is the Axe of Cenarius, wielded by the legendary orc Broxigar the Red.
- The Axe of Cenarius is a two-handed, magical wooden axe crafted by Malfurion Stormrage, under the direction of the demigod Cenarius, during the War of the Ancients. It was made specifically for the orc Broxigar, and he described it as being like an extension of his own arm. Created using druidic magic, the axe was enchanted to have the sharpness and density of a diamond and would never break. It proved to be able to slice through any foe with ease.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 18.104.22.16830 (2016-10-03): Cost increased from 1 to 2.
- Commentary: Rockbiter is the culprit of a few mass burst-damage combos in addition to being a reliable early game removal tool. Due to its strength in a variety of circumstances, it’s been one of the most widely played Shaman cards in Hearthstone’s history. Making changes to Basic cards that show up in every deck will help instigate more variety and help the Standard format succeed in the future. We’re preserving some of the synergistic potential of Rockbiter Weapon but decreasing its value as a removal tool by changing the cost of the card from 1 to 2 Mana.