As part of the Unified Community Platform project, this wiki and 38 others will be migrated to the new platform in the next few weeks. Minimal changes are expected as part of this migration. Read more here.
Road to Northrend
- "For the final Conflict against E.V.I.L., Reno Jackson must conjure a portal to Northrend! Now if only he knew how..."
Road to Northrend is a Tavern Brawl. It debuted on January 15th, 2020.
For exact times, see the schedule.
History[edit | edit source]
|241||January 22, 2020||January 29, 2020|
This brawl first debuted on January 15th, 2020, but was removed due to technical difficulties and replaced with a reprisal of Pick a Hand, Any Hand.
Overview[edit | edit source]
It is similar to the Dungeon Run mode.
Note: Because this is a Tavern Brawl, games played in this mode do count towards completing daily quests, even though the games are not played against other humans.
Rules[edit | edit source]
- The objective of Road to Northrend is to defeat eight bosses of increasing difficulty to win the run.
- The player begins with a collection of 9/10/11 cards depending of hero, consisting of different cards for each class.
- The player starts on 20 Health, and gains additional Health per defeated boss, up to 40 Health for the fifth, and final boss.
- After rounds 1 and 5, the player receives a Passive buff, selected from one of three random passive buffs from the pool of Passives.
- These passives give a permanent effect to the player for the rest of the run. These are applied at the start of the match, meaning some buffs that affect cards will not affect cards added to your hand or deck later in the game.
- After rounds 3 and 7, the player receives a Treasure card, selected from one of three random cards from the pool of Treasure cards. These are very powerful cards, and often have low mana costs.
- After each round, the player is offered three bundles of three cards each. The player can only select one of these three bundles. This allows the player to increase their deck size in tandem with the boss' decks increasing in size.
- Should a game end in a tie, the player will be given the chance to try the round again.
- If player loses a game, he visits Aviator's Bob Tavern where can decide to end or continue run.
- The player always goes first. The enemy also does not get The Coin.
Starting cards[edit | edit source]
Upon starting a new Dungeon Run, a player is given a deck of 9/10/11 cards. These decks are always the same for that class. Each deck runs one copy of each of the cards in the below lists.
Heroes[edit | edit source]
|Reno Jackson||Arcane Craftiness: "Fire two missiles that deal 1 damage each. If any minion dies, repeat this." (2 Mana)||After the first round, hero power is replaced with Practice: "Cast a random portal with random targets." (2 Mana)|
|Sir Finley||Power Up!: "Give a minion Divine Shield & Windfury. (2 Mana)|
|Elise Starseeker||Druidic Teaching: "Restore 2 Health, then draw a card if the target is at full health." (2 Mana)|
|Brann Bronzebeard||Spread Shot: "Deal 1 damage, then deal 1 damage to the enemy hero." (2 Mana)|
Loot Cards[edit | edit source]
Bosses[edit | edit source]
|Boss||Encountered in Round||Hero Power||Notes|
|Reno's Junkpile||1||Rummaged: "When damaged, draw and cast a spell from your deck (Random targets)" (Passive)|
|Orgrimmar Guard||2||Curious Bystander: "Summon a random Orgrimmar citizen" (2 Mana, autocast)|
|Primodino||3||Closer Than It Looks: "Destroy the left-most enemy minion." (2 Mana, autocast)|
|White King||4||Castle: "Discover a chess piece." (2 Mana)|
|Bookmaster Bae Chao||5||Shhh!: "Silence ALL minions." (3 Mana)|
|Tak Nozwhisker||6||Make Enemies: "Whenever Tak shuffles a card into his deck, add a copy to his hand. (Passive)|
|Murgatha||7||Mrrgl-ution: Transform a friendly minion into a random murloc that costs (1) more. Max cost: (5) (0 Mana)|
|Elise Starseeker||8 (final boss)||Druidic Teaching: Restore 2 Health, then draw a card if the target is at full Health. (2 mana)||Final boss for Sir Finley as starting hero|
|Sir Finley||8 (final boss)||Power Up!: Give a minion Divine Shield & Windfury. (2 mana)||Final boss for Brann Bronzebeard, Elise Starseeker and Reno Jackson as starting heroes|
Narrative[edit | edit source]
- Please add any available information to this section.