|Set:||The Boomsday Project|
|Abilities:||Destroy, Increment attribute, Modify cost|
|Tags:||Deathrattle-related, Ongoing effect|
Deathrattle minions you play cost (3) less, but die at the end of the turn. (Cost can't be reduced below 1.)
It's hard to call her reckless when it's clear she knows what she's doing.
How to get[edit | edit source]
Reckless Experimenter can be obtained through The Boomsday Project card packs, through crafting, or as an Arena reward. Golden Reckless Experimenter can also be obtained through the Highest Rank Bonus chest at the end of each Ranked season.
|Golden Reckless Experimenter||1600||400|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Reckless Experimenter uses an Aura to reduce cost, but applies an Enchantment for its destruction effect. The enchantment will kill any Deathrattle minions you play regardless of whether the Experimenter is still alive at the end of your turn.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Reckless Experimenter can be used as a way to cheat out Deathrattle effects, bypassing the usual need to kill the minion off while also providing a hefty mana discount. Since any minions you play will cost card advantage, it works best with cards that produce minions, such as Twilight Summoner, Haunted Creeper, or Sylvanas Windrunner. Use this card with caution, since many Deathrattle minions aren't worth playing without the body they provide.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- My beautiful creations!
- Effect triggering
- You'll do nicely.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- During the development of The Boomsday Project, Reckless Experimenter used to cause minions to die immediately upon being played, until Chakki discovered a one turn kill combo which used Reckless Experimenter, Knife Juggler, Dead Ringer, and Spirit of the Dead from the then-upcoming Rastakhan's Rumble set to create an infinite draw and damage engine. When Dead Ringer was played, it would immediately die due to Reckless Experimenter, causing Spirit of the Dead to shuffle a copy of Dead Ringer into the player's deck. Dead Ringer's Deathrattle would then trigger, drawing the copy. This allowed the player to play Dead Ringer over and over again, repeatedly triggering Knife Juggler's damaging effect. This led to Reckless Experimenter being changed to kill minions at the end of the turn instead of instantly.
- Shortly after SN1P-SN4P was announced for the Rise of the Mech event, players noticed a potentially deadly synergy with Reckless Experimenter, which would allow a player to do unlimited early-game burst damage if they had a single Mech on the board. Blizzard responded by announcing that with the same patch, Reckless Experimenter would be modified so that it could not reduce a card's mana cost below 1.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 220.127.116.11268 (2019-06-03): Text changed to: Deathrattle minions you play cost (3) less, but die at the end of the turn. (Cost can't be reduced below 1.)
- Commentary: We've decided to make a change to how Reckless Experimenter functions due to an unwanted interaction with SN1P-SN4P that allows for an early-game infinite damage combo in Priest decks.
- Patch 18.104.22.168770 (2018-08-02): Added. Text read: Deathrattle minions you play cost (3) less, but die at the end of the turn.