Raza the Chained
|Set:||Mean Streets of Gadgetzan|
|Abilities:||Battlecry, Modify cost, Modify Hero Power, Playerbound, Set attribute|
|Tags:||Deck-related, Hero Power-related|
Battlecry: If your deck has no duplicates, your Hero Power costs (1) this game.
"Could you do me a favor and get the keys from Kazakus?"
How to get[edit | edit source]
|Raza the Chained||1600||400|
|Golden Raza the Chained||3200||1600|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This card checks your unused deck: if it contains no more than 1 of each card, the Raza the Chained card in your hand will be highlighted by a yellow border and when played its Battlecry will activate.
- This card's Battlecry creates a cost-modification enchantment attached to your player: this means that it will not be cancelled if your hero or Hero Power is replaced (such as through Shadowform, Justicar Trueheart, Sir Finley Mrrgglton, Sideshow Spelleater or Majordomo Executus' Deathrattle). This enchantment sets the mana cost of your Hero Powers to 1, and never wears off (thus, unlike most cost-modification enchantments attached to players that used to wear off at the end of their turn, this effect lasts for the rest of the game).
- This card's effect follows the general rule that multiple cost modifications take effect in order of play: for additional details, see Mana cost.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Raza's card effect can be a major game-changer, benefiting strategies focused on Hero Powers. Having a cheaper Hero Power helps Priests heal up their minion or themselves without sacrificing too much tempo, especially on earlier stages of the game where it can make a difference in staying alive against aggressive decks.
While a 1-mana Lesser Heal is more of a small bonus, it's much more effective with alternate Hero Powers. Upgrading it with Justicar Trueheart gives you an ample source of healing every turn (just 1 Health less healed than Flash Heal), and damage-dealing Hero Powers like Mind Spike, Steady Shot from Sir Finley Mrrgglton or even DIE, INSECT! allows them to apply pressure or control the board more efficiently. It's also very powerful with Inspire cards, where you effectively gain their full effectiveness for 1 mana less, and opens more combo potential with Auctionmaster Beardo by giving you more mana to work with.
But what is undoubtedly the most powerful Hero Power to combo with Raza is Shadowreaper Anduin's Voidform. With Voidform refreshing every time you play a card, you can multiple cheap cards for large amounts of damage in a single turn. Combined with the Priest's myriad of way to generate cards like Thoughtsteal, Shadow Visions, Lyra the Sunshard, and Elize the Trailblazer, the Priest can grind away the opponent's health while having sheer card advantage.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- Surrender your will to the Kabal.
- I will bind you.
Lore[edit | edit source]
Raza the Chained is an ethereal that is unique to Hearthstone. Rather than using cloth wrappings to keep his shapeless energy form bound in a humanoid shape, Raza is made out of the enchanted chains normally used by the Kabal to stabilize their volatile potions.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 10.2.0.23180 (2018-02-06): Now reads: Battlecry: If your deck has no duplicates, your Hero Power costs (1) this game.
- Previously: Battlecry: If your deck has no duplicates, your Hero Power costs (0) this game.
- Patch 126.96.36.19990 (2016-11-29): Added.