|Abilities:||Copy, Deathrattle, Increment attribute, Summon|
Deathrattle: Resummon this with -1/-1.
He looks bad now, but he was pretty handsome in his 20/20s.
How to get[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Rattlegores that have been resummoned by its Deathrattle are different entities. Silencing a resurrected Rattlegore will not return it to a 9/9.
- Each Rattlegore is resummoned with -1/-1 what the previous Rattlegore's base stats was. Setting Rattlegore's stats to a lower or higher value will not affect the next one to be summoned.
Known bugs[edit | edit source]
- If Rattlegore is buffed by Grandmummy, he will be resummoned with the buffs from Grandmummy (but still with -1/-1), with higher stats than usual.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Rattlegore represents 45/45 stats split through nine bodies. Rattlegore is one of the most sticky minions in the game, creating large stats that can reliably trade through minion after minion, and still leave a body to threaten the opponent's hero. With its ability to trade up, Rattlegore is best suited to control versus control matchups, particularly those with multiple big minions of their own like Ramp Druid.
The primary downside to Rattlegore is its high cost. On nine mana, it's typically easy for the opponent to simply ignore Rattlegore and kill minions with more pressing effects, or just go face. You can get around this using cards like Gather Your Party to bring Rattlegore out quicker, or The Boom Reaver to speed up his effect. Commencement in particular is one of the best ways to cheat out Rattlegore, summoning him on a discount and giving him much-needed immediate board presence.
Rattlegore is very weak to transform effects like Polymorph, which nullify his Deathrattle and high stats. He is also susceptible to Silence, although this will leave his decent statline intact without another removal tool.
In Wild, using N'Zoth, the Corruptor and Rattlegore alone can resummon an entire board filled with various stats of Rattlegore that leads to a very sticky board thanks to its Deathrattle. It is also noted that with Spiritsinger Umbra's effect, putting Rattlegore to play effectively fills the board with up to 39/39 stats worth of Rattlegores. A Devolve cannot stop this as it will turn even a 1/1 Rattlegore to a powerful 8 mana minion; only a mass silence and clear like The Amazing Reno or Plague of Death can remove it on its own.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
Lore[edit | edit source]
- Rattlegore is a bone golem boss in Scholomance. After being defeated by the Alliance during the Battle for Andorhal, he is recreated from bones within Scholomance's Chamber of Summoning. He appears after Lilian Voss leaves to chase Darkmaster Gandling.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 188.8.131.52613 (2020-07-30): Added.
References[edit | edit source]
- Hearth Tech (2020-08-17). 【Hearth Tech#144】The biggest Rattlegore in history (4:58).