|Tags:||Area of effect, Ongoing effect|
Your other minions have +1 Attack.
"That's a 50 DKP minus!"
How to get[edit | edit source]
Two copies of Raid Leader are automatically included in all players' collections upon unlocking the warrior class.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Play Raid Leader in conjunction with other minions. Raid Leader is great in decks that rely on minions with Windfury or on many small minions.
With the addition of Odd Paladin, Raid Leader works very well in conjunction with the deck's constant output of small minions via its Hero Power.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- Handle it!
- Hit it very hard.
Netherspite[edit | edit source]
- Stand in the beam!
- No, the OTHER beam!
- Out of the beam! No! N-...
Lore[edit | edit source]
The raid leader is there to command and guide the raid to victory with strength and intellect. Many raid leaders have come and gone during the history of Azeroth, but their legendary conquests remain.
The term 'raid leader' is widely used in World of Warcraft to describe the player in charge of a raid, a group of 10-25 players engaged in a high-end PvE challenge.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The artwork for this card comes from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "Heroes of Azeroth" series, depicting the ability Rise to the Challenge.
- Upon playing a Raid Leader he will say "Handle it!". If you attack with the Raid Leader, he will say "Hit it very hard." Both lines and his flavor text are in reference to the famous Onyxia Raid Wipe [language warning]. The leader in this video epitomises the negative traits typically attributed to raid leaders, such as aggression, swearing and verbal abuse of members of the raid.
- The "DKP" mentioned in the card's flavor text are Dragon Kill Points, a once-common raiding term that also features in the video.
- Raid Leader's quote "Handle it!" was used for promotion of Hearthstone's iPad release.
- "Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft. Now on iPad. Handle it!"
- The Raid Leader's custom quotes for the Netherspite encounter are the first time a minion has had its quotes changed to match a boss encounter.