Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Queen of Pain
|Set:||Goblins vs Gnomes|
|Abilities:||Lifesteal, Restore Health|
|Tags:||Damage-related, Triggered effect|
Her sister is the Queen of Pane who sells windows and shower doors.
How to get[edit | edit source]
|Queen of Pain||100||20|
|Golden Queen of Pain||800||100|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Whenever this minion deals damage, it will restore the exact same amount of Health to its controlling hero too.
- If Betrayal is cast upon Queen of Pain, her triggered effect will activate once for each minion hit.
- As with all healing effects, if combined with Auchenai Soulpriest or Embrace the Shadow Queen of Pain will instead deal damage to the controlling hero. Before Patch 188.8.131.5257, this damage was counted as damage dealt by the Queen of Pain herself, causing the effect to trigger again and again, until the controlling hero was killed. This was not considered a bug. More precisely, the infinite loop would stop once the hero has been in negative Health following three consecutive triggers or after 61 triggers, whichever happened first.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
While this card has very low Attack, as a Demon it can be buffed with cards like Demonheart to increase its attack, giving Warlocks a marginal source of healing.
As a 1-Attack minion, it combos well with Hobgoblin.
Lightwarden can receive buffs from the healing generated.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- The night beckons!
- I hunger!
Former quotes[edit | edit source]
The following quotes were used by Mistress of Pain before she was renamed to Queen of Pain in patch 184.108.40.206761.
- I can ease your pain.
Lore[edit | edit source]
Queen of Pain appears to be a female nathrezim, something not previously seen in Warcraft outside of the non-canonical Dreadlord Jaina skin in Heroes of the Storm. Indeed, Queen of Pain's visual design appears to be almost identical to Dreadlord Jaina's.
- Nathrezim (called dread lords or dreadlords in the Common tongue) are intelligent and cunning demons who usually act as intelligence agents, interrogators and emissaries for the fiery lords of the Burning Legion, notably Kil'jaeden, as well as tacticians and lieutenants upon the field of battle in times of war. While they are powerful foes on the battlefield, they prefer to turn nations against each other through manipulation and guile. The nathrezim are merciless villains who feed upon the energies of mortal creatures. They utilize terror and subterfuge - often turning brother against brother as whole worlds fall before their dark influence. They are known to be extremely manipulative and masters of trickery; they sometimes refer to themselves as thal'kituun in their language, meaning "the unseen guests".
- Their homeworld, Nathreza, found a similar fate to Draenor, as Illidan Stormrage obliterated a great part of it. The demon hunter believed that he caused a cataclysmic explosion by overloading the portal he had opened to Nathreza.
- During the Third War, some dreadlords served as the Lich King's jailors, at the behest of Kil'jaeden, and commanded the Plague of Undeath and the Scourge that swept through Lordaeron.
History[edit | edit source]
The card now named Queen of Pain was originally called Mistress of Pain and depicted a succubus, or female sayaad (though the Mistresses of Pain in World of Warcraft are actually shivarra minions of Lord Jaraxxus). In patch 220.127.116.11761, the card was renamed to Queen of Pain, with new card art, voicelines, and flavor text to reflect its new identity.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- When used in combination with an Auchenai Soulpriest, this minion was specifically designed to take the player's Health to at least -3 before stopping, in order to prevent a simultaneously triggered healing effect from activating and saving the player from death.
- Queen of Pain's quotes are references to lines spoken by the Dreadlord unit in Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos.
- The artwork for Mistress of Pain comes from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "Wrathgate" series, for the card Lynxia.
- Mistress of Pain's quotes were voiced by Misty Lee. The voice actor for Queen of Pain is unknown.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
- Mistress of Pain
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 18.104.22.168761 (2019-07-01): Renamed from Mistress of Pain to Queen of Pain, with new card art and voicelines. Flavor text modified to say "Queen of Pane" instead of "Mistress of Pane".
- Patch 22.214.171.12457 (2017-08-08): Text changed from "Damage dealt by this minion also heals your hero." to "Lifesteal."
- Patch 126.96.36.19920 (2017-02-28): Text changed from "Whenever this minion deals damage, restore that much Health to your hero." to "Damage dealt by this minion also heals your hero."
- Patch 188.8.131.5234 (2014-12-04): Added.