|Set:||Journey to Un'Goro|
Deathrattle: Return this to your hand as a 6/6 that cost (6).
If you strike her down, she shall become more powerful than you can possibly… well, she'll become a 6/6 anyways.
How to get[edit | edit source]
Generated minions[edit | edit source]
Pyros's Deathrattle generates a 6/6 Pyros, which in turn generates a 10/10 Pyros.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- As the card text implies, if the Deathrattle is triggered without Pyros' death, it is still returned to your hand and transformed into the next iteration.
- Example: Pyros (2/2) is summoned with Spiritsinger Umbra in play. Pyros (2/2) is returned to your hand as Pyros (6/6) immediately.
- Example: Pyros (2/2) is killed with Kel'Thuzad in play. Pyros (2/2) is moved to your hand and transformed to Pyros (6/6), and Kel'Thuzad does not resummon Pyros (2/2).
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Pyros fits well into an aggressive Midrange Mage deck. It can be played for cheap early in the game, and by returning to your hand stronger with each death, you're much less likely to run low on cards to continue your aggressive push.
Being an Elemental, Pyros will trigger the effects of cards such as Tol'vir Stoneshaper and Ozruk. Due to its cheap mana cost in its early stages, it's simple enough to follow it up on the following turn with one of these cards to gain the boons from their effects.
Lore[edit | edit source]
Pyros is unique to Hearthstone.
- Phoenixes are powerful creatures of fire created by mages. The phoenix is the most powerful spell a potent blood mage could cast. The idea of a creature rising from its own ashes also symbolizes the blood elves who rose from the ashes of the slaughtered high elves. Thus, the phoenix serves as an essential symbol of the blood elf race, found on their flags, banners, tabards, and racial crest.
Pyros' effect is clearly a representation of a phoenix's ability to rise from its own ashes, each time stronger than before.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Pyros' flavor text is a reference to a scene in the original Star Wars film, in which Obi-Wan Kenobi states to Darth Vader that "If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine".
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 126.96.36.19906 (2017-06-01) Now interacts correctly with effects like Spirit Echo and Getaway Kodo.
- Patch 188.8.131.5236 (2017-04-04) Added.
References[edit | edit source]
- 【涛妹】将军的丁丁. (2017-04-11).