Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron
|Set:||Saviors of Uldum|
Cast 10 random spells
(targets chosen randomly).
"PUT THE BOX DOWN, RENO!"
How to get[edit | edit source]
Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron can be obtained through Saviors of Uldum card packs, through crafting, or as an Arena reward. Golden Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron can also be obtained through the Highest Rank Bonus chest at the end of each Ranked season.
|Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron||400||100|
|Golden Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron||1600||400|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This card behaves similarly to Yogg-Saron, Hope's End. For notes on the general behavior of this card, see Yogg-Saron#Notes.
- As a spell, Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron cannot change ownership or destroy itself before finishing its effect.
- Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron can cast any collectible spell except another Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron. This is a specific exclusion to prevent an unlikely but possible infinite loop.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron is an excellent last-ditch play when you've run out of options. Similar to Yogg-Saron, Hope's End, this card can potentially win the game on the spot, or at the very least put you in a favorable position. However, it's very unreliable. As such, it's generally a bad idea to play it while ahead, since it could easily swing the game in your opponent's favor.
Compared to Yogg-Saron, Puzzle Box provides a far more consistent outcome, but is somewhat weaker for it. It lacks the 7/5 minion upfront, making medium-rolls a lot rarer as they will leave you with no board advantage. It also gives less friendly targets for buffs. The spell also can't be boosted above ten, where as Yogg can potentially cast far more. However, Puzzle Box can't change ownership, and more importantly cannot kill itself and end its effect. It also can be played in a deck with few spells and still activate.
Lore[edit | edit source]
The Puzzle Box of Yogg-Saron, named after the Old God Yogg-Saron, is a strange artifact that can be uncovered through the nerubian branch of the Archaeology profession in World of Warcraft. Once it has been assembled, the player can interact with the box in a "vain attempt" to open it, causing the artifact to whisper one of several ominous lines to the player. The Archaeology interface describes the object in the following way:
- This small box has many shifting panels, moving hinges and hidden clasps. Yet no matter how you manipulate them, it seems impossible to actually open the box to reveal the contents within. It is also difficult to even try because the dark artifact constantly whispers to you, 'It WAS your fault. It WAS your fault. It WAS your fault. It WAS your fault.'
Trivia[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 18.104.22.168708 (2019-08-01): Added.
References[edit | edit source]
- Chadd Nervig on Twitter. (2019-08-06).