Put into battlefield
Put into battlefield effects are abilities which puts cards from the player's deck or hand directly into the battlefield. They may affect minions or spells, and may require a specific type or sub-type of card.
Cards put into the battlefield are not directly played from the hand (even if they are put into the battlefield from the hand), and as such do not trigger minion Battlecries.
Put into battlefield effects are distinguished from Summon effects, which summon entirely new minions without consuming existing cards; and from put into hand and card draw effects, which place cards into the player's hand, rather than directly into play.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- While not Summon effects, minion put into battlefield effects do cause the minion summoning process to occur, including triggered effects such as those of Starving Buzzard and Knife Juggler.
- Put into battlefield and put into hand effects select eligible cards randomly, not based on their order in the deck. This means that the distribution of such cards throughout the deck is randomly altered by such effects, rather than creating any sort of bias, such as by always drawing the top-most eligible card. As a result, and due to the random ordering of each deck, no significant ordering change is made by such effects.
- Put into battlefield effects cannot exceed the limit of 7 minions on each side of the battlefield, and will never put minions into the battlefield above this number. If a put into battlefield effect would cause the player to have more than 7 minions, it will stop at 7. This means put into battlefield effects may sometimes fail to take effect. Note that cards like Alarm-o-Bot that first remove a minion from the board are protected from this possibility by creating a space for their effect to fill.
- Golden cards with put into battlefield effects will not transform the related cards into their golden versions. This is because unlike golden cards which generate or summon new cards, put into battlefield effects only move existing cards, without changing them in any way.
- Despite its wording, Mindgames is not a put into battlefield effect, as it does not draw the minion from the player's hand or deck, but simply summons an entirely new minion.
Cards[edit | edit source]
|Name / Desc||Rarity||Type||Subtype||Class||Cost||Atk||HP||Description|
|Strength in Numbers||Common||Spell||Druid||1||Sidequest: Spend 10 Mana on minions.|
Reward: Summon a minion from your deck.
|Parachute Brigand||Common||Minion||Pirate||Any||2||2||2||After you play a Pirate, summon this minion from your hand.|
|Phase Stalker||Rare||Minion||Beast||Hunter||2||2||3||After you use your Hero Power, cast a Secret from your deck.|
|Alarm-o-Bot||Rare||Minion||Mech||Any||3||0||3||At the start of your turn, swap this minion with a random one in your hand.|
|Skydiving Instructor||Common||Minion||General||Any||3||2||2||Battlecry: Summon a 1-Cost minion from your deck.|
Battlecry: Your opponent summons a minion from their deck.
|Duel!||Epic||Spell||Paladin||5||Summon a minion from each player's deck. They fight!|
|Blatant Decoy||Epic||Minion||General||Any||6||5||5||Deathrattle: Each player summons the lowest Cost minion from their hand.|
|Darkest Hour||Epic||Spell||Warlock||6||Destroy all friendly minions. For each one, summon a random minion from your deck.|
|Fel Summoner||Common||Minion||General||Demon Hunter||6||8||3||Deathrattle: Summon a random Demon from your hand.|
|Maxima Blastenheimer||Legendary||Minion||General||Hunter||6||4||4||Battlecry: Summon a minion from your deck. It attacks the enemy hero, then dies.|
|Oblivitron||Legendary||Minion||Mech||Hunter||6||3||4||Deathrattle: Summon a Mech from your hand and trigger its Deathrattle.|
|Utgarde Grapplesniper||Rare||Minion||General||Any||6||5||5||Battlecry: Both players draw a card. If it's a Dragon, summon it.|
|Wild Bloodstinger||Epic||Minion||Beast||Hunter||6||6||9||Battlecry: Summon a minion from your opponent's hand. Attack it.|
|Commencement||Rare||Spell||7||Summon a minion from your deck. Give it Taunt and Divine Shield.|
|Archwitch Willow||Legendary||Minion||General||Warlock||8||5||5||Battlecry: Summon a random Demon from your hand and deck.|
|Beastmaster Leoroxx||Legendary||Minion||General||Hunter||8||5||5||Battlecry: Summon 3 Beasts from your hand.|
|Guardian Animals||Epic||Spell||8||Summon two Beasts that cost (5) or less from your deck. Give them Rush.|
|Tip the Scales||Epic||Spell||Paladin||8||Summon 7 Murlocs from your deck.|
|Pit Commander||Epic||Minion||Demon||Demon Hunter||9||7||9||Taunt|
At the end of your turn, summon a Demon from your deck.
|Showing all 20 cards|
- This section contains information exclusive to Wild format.
|Name / Desc||Rarity||Type||Subtype||Class||Cost||Atk||HP||Description|
|Patches the Pirate||Legendary||Minion||Pirate||Any||1||1||1||After you play a Pirate, summon this minion from your deck.|
Battlecry: Your opponent summons a random minion from their hand.
|Mad Scientist||Common||Minion||General||Any||2||2||2||Deathrattle: Put a Secret from your deck into the battlefield.|
|Deathlord||Rare||Minion||General||Any||3||2||8||Taunt. Deathrattle: Your opponent puts a minion from their deck into the battlefield.|
|Desert Camel||Common||Minion||Beast||Hunter||3||2||4||Battlecry: Put a 1-Cost minion from each deck into the battlefield.|
|Masked Contender||Epic||Minion||General||Any||3||2||4||Battlecry: If you control a Secret, cast a Secret from your deck.|
|Ancestor's Call||Epic||Spell||Shaman||4||Put a random minion from each player's hand into the battlefield.|
|Bellringer Sentry||Rare||Minion||General||Paladin||4||3||4||Battlecry and Deathrattle: Put a Secret from your deck into the battlefield.|
|Meat Wagon||Epic||Minion||Mech||Any||4||1||4||Deathrattle: Summon a minion from your deck with less Attack than this minion.|
|Oaken Summons||Common||Spell||Druid||4||Gain 6 Armor. Recruit a minion that costs (4) or less.|
|Piloted Reaper||Common||Minion||Mech||Any||4||3||2||Deathrattle: Summon a random minion from your hand that costs (2) or less.|
|Professor Putricide||Legendary||Minion||General||Hunter||4||5||4||After you play a Secret, put another random Hunter Secret into the battlefield.|
|Voidcaller||Common||Minion||Demon||Warlock||4||3||4||Deathrattle: Put a random Demon from your hand into the battlefield.|
|Call to Arms||Epic||Spell||Paladin||5||Recruit 3 minions that cost (2) or less.|
|Finja, the Flying Star||Legendary||Minion||Murloc||Any||5||2||4||Stealth. Whenever this attacks and kills a minion, summon 2 Murlocs from your deck.|
|Guild Recruiter||Common||Minion||General||Any||5||2||4||Battlecry: Recruit a minion that costs (4) or less.|
|Skull of the Man'ari||Legendary||Weapon||Warlock||5||0||3||At the start of your turn, summon a Demon from your hand.|
|Army of the Dead||None||Spell||Death Knight||6||Remove the top 5 cards of your deck. Summon any minions removed.|
|Coffin Crasher||Rare||Minion||General||Priest||6||6||5||Deathrattle: Summon a Deathrattle minion from your hand.|
|Dr. Morrigan||Legendary||Minion||General||Warlock||6||5||5||Deathrattle: Swap this with a minion from your deck.|
|Gather Your Party||Rare||Spell||Warrior||6||Recruit a minion.|
|Madam Goya||Legendary||Minion||General||Any||6||4||3||Battlecry: Choose a friendly minion. Swap it with a minion in your deck.|
|Mysterious Challenger||Epic||Minion||General||Paladin||6||6||6||Battlecry: Put one of each Secret from your deck into the battlefield.|
|Possessed Lackey||Rare||Minion||General||Warlock||6||2||2||Deathrattle: Recruit a Demon.|
|Stampeding Roar||Epic||Spell||Druid||6||Summon a random Beast from your hand and give it Rush.|
|Giant Anaconda||Epic||Minion||Beast||Druid||7||5||3||Deathrattle: Summon a minion from your hand with 5 or more Attack.|
|Silver Vanguard||Common||Minion||General||Any||7||3||3||Deathrattle: Recruit an 8-Cost minion.|
|Captain Hooktusk||Legendary||Minion||Pirate||Rogue||8||6||3||Battlecry: Summon 3 Pirates from your deck. Give them Rush.|
|Glacial Mysteries||Epic||Spell||Mage||8||Put one of each Secret from your deck into the battlefield.|
Deathrattle: Recruit 2 minions that cost (4) or less.
|Kathrena Winterwisp||Legendary||Minion||General||Hunter||8||6||6||Battlecry and Deathrattle: Recruit a Beast.|
|Princess Talanji||Legendary||Minion||General||Priest||8||7||5||Battlecry: Summon all minions from your hand that didn't start in your deck.|
|Woecleaver||Legendary||Weapon||Warrior||8||3||3||After your hero attacks, Recruit a minion.|
|Dragonhatcher||Epic||Minion||General||Any||9||2||4||At the end of your turn, Recruit a Dragon.|
|Krul the Unshackled||Legendary||Minion||Demon||Warlock||9||7||9||Battlecry: If your deck has no duplicates, summon all Demons from your hand.|
|Master Oakheart||Legendary||Minion||General||Any||9||5||5||Battlecry: Recruit a 1, 2, and 3-Attack minion.|
Overkill: Summon a Beast from your hand.
|The Boomship||Legendary||Spell||Warrior||9||Summon 3 random minions from your hand. Give them Rush.|
|Deathwing, Dragonlord||Legendary||Minion||Dragon||Any||10||12||12||Deathrattle: Put all Dragons from your hand into the battlefield.|
|Varian Wrynn||Legendary||Minion||General||Warrior||10||7||7||Battlecry: Draw 3 cards. Put any minions you drew directly into the battlefield.|
|Y'Shaarj, Rage Unbound||Legendary||Minion||General||Any||10||10||10||At the end of your turn, put a minion from your deck into the battlefield.|
|Showing all 41 cards|
References[edit | edit source]
- Tested by User:Taohinton, 2015-04-03. In Blackrock Mountain hunter Class Challenge; Pile On! (Normal) put a Beast onto my side of the board, triggering my Starving Buzzard.
- Whirthun on Twitter. (2015-08-12).
- Ben Brode on Twitter. (2015-01-19).
- Ben Brode on Twitter. (2015-02-16).
- Deathwing Dragonlord Best Moments. (2016-05-09).
- Ben Brode on Twitter. (2014-11-18).
|By minion type|
|By spell school|
|By ability||Evergreen keywords|
Put into battlefield
|By effect type|
|By card set||Standard|