Put into battlefield
Put into battlefield effects are abilities which puts cards from the player's deck or hand directly into the battlefield. They may affect minions or spells, and may require a specific type or sub-type of card.
Cards put into the battlefield are not directly played from the hand (even if they are put into the battlefield from the hand), and as such do not trigger minion Battlecries.
Put into battlefield effects are distinguished from Summon effects, which summon entirely new minions without consuming existing cards; and from put into hand and card draw effects, which place cards into the player's hand, rather than directly into play.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- While not Summon effects, minion put into battlefield effects do cause the minion summoning process to occur, including triggered effects such as those of Starving Buzzard and Knife Juggler.
- Put into battlefield and put into hand effects select eligible cards randomly, not based on their order in the deck. This means that the distribution of such cards throughout the deck is randomly altered by such effects, rather than creating any sort of bias, such as by always drawing the top-most eligible card. As a result, and due to the random ordering of each deck, no significant ordering change is made by such effects.
- Put into battlefield effects cannot exceed the limit of 7 minions on each side of the battlefield, and will never put minions into the battlefield above this number. If a put into battlefield effect would cause the player to have more than 7 minions, it will stop at 7. This means put into battlefield effects may sometimes fail to take effect. Note that cards like Alarm-o-Bot that first remove a minion from the board are protected from this possibility by creating a space for their effect to fill.
- Golden cards with put into battlefield effects will not transform the related cards into their golden versions. This is because unlike golden cards which generate or summon new cards, put into battlefield effects only move existing cards, without changing them in any way.
- Despite its wording, Mindgames is not a put into battlefield effect, as it does not draw the minion from the player's hand or deck, but simply summons an entirely new minion.
Cards[edit | edit source]
|Name / Desc||Rarity||Type||Subtype||Class||Cost||Atk||HP||Description|
|Army of the Dead||None||Spell||Death Knight||6||Remove the top 5 cards of your deck. Summon any minions removed.|
|Alarm-o-Bot||Rare||Minion||Mech||Any||3||0||3||At the start of your turn, swap this minion with a random one in your hand. WARNING. WARNING. WARNING.|
|Bellringer Sentry||Rare||Minion||General||Paladin||4||3||4||Battlecry and Deathrattle: Put a Secret from your deck into the battlefield. Who are you? Eh, none of my business.|
|Coffin Crasher||Rare||Minion||General||Priest||6||6||5||Deathrattle: Summon a Deathrattle minion from your hand. Also does weddings.|
|Giant Anaconda||Epic||Minion||Beast||Druid||7||5||3||Deathrattle: Summon a minion from your hand with 5 or more Attack. Must be something it ate.|
|Glacial Mysteries||Epic||Spell||Mage||8||Put one of each Secret from your deck into the battlefield. The secret is in the frosting.|
|Meat Wagon||Epic||Minion||Mech||Any||4||1||4||Deathrattle: Summon a minion from your deck with less Attack than this minion. Necromancers call it "Meals on Wheels."|
|Professor Putricide||Legendary||Minion||General||Hunter||4||5||4||After you play a Secret, put another random Hunter Secret into the battlefield. Among his more notable inventions: A tentacle-groomer, a plague that would wipe out all life on Azeroth, and a fidget spinner.|
|Skull of the Man'ari||Legendary||Weapon||Warlock||5||0||3||At the start of your turn, summon a Demon from your hand. Don't trust the skull.|
|Showing all 9 cards|
- This section contains information exclusive to Wild format.
|Name / Desc||Rarity||Type||Subtype||Class||Cost||Atk||HP||Description|
|Desert Camel||Common||Minion||Beast||Hunter||3||2||4||Battlecry: Put a 1-Cost minion from each deck into the battlefield. Dang. This card is sweet. Almost as sweet as Dessert Camel.|
|Mad Scientist||Common||Minion||General||Any||2||2||2||Deathrattle: Put a Secret from your deck into the battlefield. His mother wanted him to be a mage or a warlock, but noooooooo, he had to go and be a scientist like his father.|
|Voidcaller||Common||Minion||Demon||Warlock||4||3||4||Deathrattle: Put a random Demon from your hand into the battlefield. "Void! Here, void! Here, buddy!"|
|Deathlord||Rare||Minion||General||Any||3||2||8||Taunt. Deathrattle: Your opponent puts a minion from their deck into the battlefield. "Rise from your grave!" - Kel'Thuzad|
|Ancestor's Call||Epic||Spell||Shaman||4||Put a random minion from each player's hand into the battlefield. "Hey! Ancestors!" - Ancestor's call|
Battlecry: Your opponent summons a random minion from their hand. It's not his fault… Someone keeps stealing his soap!
|Mysterious Challenger||Epic||Minion||General||Paladin||6||6||6||Battlecry: Put one of each Secret from your deck into the battlefield. He may sound surly and antisocial, but he's actually just really shy.|
|Deathwing, Dragonlord||Legendary||Minion||Dragon||Any||10||12||12||Deathrattle: Put all Dragons from your hand into the battlefield. To his credit, Deathwing really took to heart the feedback he was receiving that he needed to be "more of a team player".|
|Finja, the Flying Star||Legendary||Minion||Murloc||Any||5||2||4||Stealth. Whenever this attacks and kills a minion, summon 2 Murlocs from your deck. The last true master of Finjitsu.|
|Krul the Unshackled||Legendary||Minion||Demon||Warlock||9||7||9||Battlecry: If your deck has no duplicates, summon all Demons from your hand. Spicklefizz pondered his life choices as he looked at the chain around his neck. "Become a warlock," they said. "You get to enslave demons," they said.|
|Madam Goya||Legendary||Minion||General||Any||6||4||3||Battlecry: Choose a friendly minion. Swap it with a minion in your deck. She has set up her Black Market here in Gadgetzan for one purpose, to make a KILLING when Beanie Babies make their inevitable comeback.|
|Patches the Pirate||Legendary||Minion||Pirate||Any||1||1||1||After you play a Pirate, summon this minion from your deck. What do sailors yell when Patches steals their treasure chest full of laws and other things being transported to parliament for a vote? "The Eyes have it!"|
|Varian Wrynn||Legendary||Minion||General||Warrior||10||7||7||Battlecry: Draw 3 cards. Put any minions you drew directly into the battlefield. Leader of the Alliance! Father of Anduin! Also he likes to play Arena, and he averages 12 wins.|
|Y'Shaarj, Rage Unbound||Legendary||Minion||General||Any||10||10||10||At the end of your turn, put a minion from your deck into the battlefield. When he's working out, he binds all that rage back into a ponytail.|
|Showing all 14 cards|
References[edit | edit source]
- Tested by User:Taohinton, 2015-04-03. In Blackrock Mountain hunter Class Challenge; Pile On! (Normal) put a Beast onto my side of the board, triggering my Starving Buzzard.
- Whirthun on Twitter. (2015-08-12).
- Ben Brode on Twitter. (2015-01-19).
- Ben Brode on Twitter. (2015-02-16).
- Deathwing Dragonlord Best Moments. (2016-05-09).
- Ben Brode on Twitter. (2014-11-18).
|By minion type|
|By effect type|
|By card set|