Protect the King!
|Set:||One Night in Karazhan|
For each enemy minion, summon a 1/1 Pawn with Taunt.
Form ranks! Everyone into the King's Tuskarr Defense!
How to get[edit | edit source]
|Protect the King!||100||20|
|Golden Protect the King!||800||100|
Summoned minions[edit | edit source]
Strategy[edit | edit source]
This card is useful for slowing the opponent, especially if they have large minions, and lack AoE removal. Its effect is magnified by the number of enemy minions, but the 1/1 Pawns are easily removed, meaning by itself this card will usually only buy a single turn. However, combined with Bolster this card can provide excellent value, allowing the warrior to turn the tide of battle against Zoo decks.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Pawn's summon quote "En passant" refers to En passant, a chess mechanic that under certain circumstances allows a pawn to capture an enemy pawn by moving past it.
- Artist Jim Nelson originally sketched the card's art as a more expansive scene, showing a number of pieces in battle (see below), but a decision was made to zoom in one area in order to make it clearer on the card itself.
- This is the third card to be added which has a scaling effect based on the number of enemy minions.
Artist[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 22.214.171.12421 (2016-08-09): Added.
[edit | edit source]
- Jim Nelson - Hearthstone: Protect the King!. (2016-08-09).