|Set:||Knights of the Frozen Throne|
|Abilities:||Put into battlefield|
|Tags:||Class-related, Random, Secret-related, Triggered effect|
After you play a Secret, put another random Hunter Secret into the battlefield.
Among his more notable inventions: A tentacle-groomer, a plague that would wipe out all life on Azeroth, and a fidget spinner.
- For the boss of the same name, see Professor Putricide (boss).
How to get[edit | edit source]
|Golden Professor Putricide||3200||1600|
Strategy[edit | edit source]
The stats of Professor Putricide are good on its own, but its text is what makes it special; for every secret you play, you technically play two secrets, which will make your opponent have to play around the secrets. Ideally you would play Cloaked Huntress on turn 3 and follow it up by playing Putricide to gain a big advantage.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- Good news, everyone! I've perfected the plague!
- Effect triggering
- That was unexpected!
Lore[edit | edit source]
- "Good news, everyone! I think I've perfected a plague that will destroy all life on Azeroth!"
- Professor Putricide is the Scourge genius behind the development of all forms of blight, plague, ooze, scourge, and death delivery. He is the final boss in the Plagueworks section of Icecrown Citadel, the first Icecrown wing to be unlocked. In order to reach his laboratory, players must first defeat Festergut and Rotface.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This card is the first legendary hunter minion that is not a Beast.
- Just like in his World of Warcraft incarnation, Putricide's voice, quotes, and overall demeanor are a reference to the character Professor Farnsworth from the American animated TV series Futurama.
- The artwork of this card is also used as the image for the second phase of the the Professor Putricide boss.
Artist[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 188.8.131.5257 (2017-08-08): Added.