|Set:||The Boomsday Project|
|Abilities:||Modify cost, Put into hand|
Draw a minion and a spell from your deck. Swap their Costs.
Mined exclusively from the dark side of the moon.
How to get[edit | edit source]
|Golden Prismatic Lens||1600||400|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Prismatic Lens draws the minion first, then the spell.
- If the second card (i.e. the spell) is milled, then the mana cost of the drawn minion is not swapped with the mana cost of the milled spell.
- If your deck has no spells/no minions, only one card will be drawn and the cost will not be affected.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
This card's effect is tricky to optimize, but pays off well if done so. Although one card will be an overpriced, most-likely dead card, having access to the higher-costing card at a much lower price compensates for it greatly. Ideally, your deck should have either mainly low-cost minions and high-cost spells, or vise versa. You should also have a small number of high-costing cards of one kind in proportion to the low-costing ones of the other to increase the chances of discounting the cost of the card you need. Consider the following options for either:
- High Cost Minions - Low Cost Spells: Expensive minions like Tirion Fordring, Ysera, and Shirvallah, the Tiger are very effective with a lowered cost. Big minions with Rush like Batterhead are even more impactful, but in particular Oondasta, who can pull an Amani War Bear or Shirvallah. A deck made to exploit cheap minions synergizes well with Duel!, which fills a similar function. Notably, King Phaoris can summon a high-cost minion from the spell that had its cost massively increased, giving you a sort of compensation.
- High Cost Spells - Low Cost Minions: Tip the Scales is very effective with Prismatic Lens, letting you flood the board with murlocs 3 turns earlier. In Wild, there's Dinosize and Anyfin Can Happen, the latter also synergizing perfectly with cheap Murlocs.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
The flavor text is a reference to The Dark Side of the Moon by Pink Floyd, which has a similar album art.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 126.96.36.199770 (2018-08-02): Added.