|Set:||Knights of the Frozen Throne|
|Abilities:||Battlecry, Lifesteal, Taunt|
|Tags:||Cost-related, Deck-related, Lifesteal-granting, Taunt-granting|
Battlecry: If your deck has no 4-Cost cards, gain Lifesteal and Taunt.
Three Princes stand before you. This one devours one after another.
How to get[edit | edit source]
|Golden Prince Valanar||3200||1600|
Known bugs[edit | edit source]
- When Prince Valanar gains Taunt and Lifesteal, the visual effects do not always show up for your opponent.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Prince Valanar is a very strong card at 4-mana, but with a fairly large drawback depending on the deck. As a 4/4 Taunt minion, it's very likely to be able to damage at least one target, almost guaranteeing a heal of 4 from its Lifesteal effect. It could be a consideration in control decks that are looking for a early-game taunt to help slow down the game against aggression, as well as ones looking for some early game healing to help with longevity in those matchups. This card naturally fits in decks that choose to run few or no 4-drops, although deciding to cut other 4-cost cards to try to accommodate Prince Valanar is unlikely to be worth it, as alternatives like Tar Creeper are still likely to be a more viable option that doesn't require you to sacrifice deck-building freedom.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- See now, the power of the darkfallen!
- Dinner is served.
Lore[edit | edit source]
- Prince Valanar is the Scourge overlord of the Borean Tundra. He rules from Naxxanar, a Scourge necropolis above the Temple City of En'kilah in the northern edge of the Tundra.
- Valanar can also be found in Valiance Keep disguised as Counselor Talbot, manipulating the Alliance leadership in order to weaken it. This is not revealed until the quest Last Rites.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 18.104.22.16857 (2017-08-08): Added.
References[edit | edit source]