|Set:||One Night in Karazhan|
|Abilities:||Generate, Shuffle into deck, Start of Game|
|Tags:||Deck-related, In-deck effect, Random, Rarity-related, Triggered effect|
|Artist:||Joe Madureira & Grace Liu|
|Voice actor:||David Sobolov|
Start of Game: Add 5 Legendary minions to your hand.
He was super excited to acquire Gorehowl at a garage sale! Then super disappointed to find out it was a foam reproduction.
- For the adventure bosses, see An Uninvited Guest and Free Medivh!.
- NB: The image for this card is currently out of date following recent changes, and will be updated as soon as possible. The correct data can be found in the infobox.
How to get[edit | edit source]
|Golden Prince Malchezaar||3200||1600|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- At the start of the game, if the player has Prince Malchezaar in their deck, he will add 5 random collectible legendary cards to the player's deck. While the selection is random, only cards suitable for the player's class will be chosen, and he will not cause there to be more than 1 copy of any given legendary in the deck, thus abiding by the game's regular deck-building rules.
- This card's effect activates at the start of the game. It is not necessary to draw or play the card to activate its effect, only to have it included in the deck.
- The effect activates after the mulligan. This means the cards generated will not be included in the mulligan, but may be drawn at the start of the first turn.
- Prince Malchezaar's effect is comparable, but very dissimilar, to that of Golden Monkey, which, in contrast, allows for duplicate copies as well as legendary cards from other classes.
- If you somehow start the game with multiple Prince Malchezaars (such as in the Arena or a Tavern Brawl), each of them will have their expected effect, shuffling five Legendary minions into the deck per Malchezaar. However, only one animation is played of Prince Malchezaar shuffling five cards into the deck. As with a single Malchezaar, each card added will be unique to the deck, with no duplicates.
- Prince Malchezaar will shuffle in cards after other Start of Game effects activate. In case of Baku the Mooneater, you will obtain an upgraded Hero Power even if Prince Malchezaar shuffles in an ineligible card.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
- Despite not having the ability to select what you receive, Malchezaar fills your deck with five extra Legendary minions, meaning that this card excels in slow games, where the extra minions are not only an extra threat to the other player, but an excellent delay for Fatigue.
- Cards like Barnes work well with Malchezaar as some Legendary minions rely on their effects rather than their stats.
- Most Legendary minions have high mana costs. This improves the chances of winning Jousts. It also favors a long game and makes your deck weaker to Aggro deck archetypes, so be sure to include ways to deal with early threats in your deck. Global removal such as Consecration, Holy Nova, Lightbomb, Twisting Nether, Fan of Knives / Blade Flurry, or Arcane Explosion/Blizzard/Flamestrike can be particularly useful in clearing the board and getting card advantage to set up for Malchezaar's "finds".
- Prince Malchezaar himself has good stats, providing a 5/6 body for 5 mana. His ability only triggers at the beginning of a game, so after the game begins, he is functionally equivalent to a Pit Fighter - a creature without text or abilities. Unlike Pit Fighter though, Prince Malchezaar is a demon, which gives him a slight edge in warlock decks that rely on demon synergy,
- Healing can help you survive long enough to utilize both Malchezaar and his RNG drops. For this reason, cards like Reno Jackson, Antique Healbot, or Tournament Medic, or playing the Priest class, all represent synergies tilting the game towards later rounds and maximizing the potential chance to utilize the Legendaries you draw. Taunt is also useful.
- Malchezaar's "legions" are almost always powerful, but beware of cards like Nat, the Darkfisher or Millhouse Manastorm. Nat won't usually do you much good unless you're already playing Vanish Rogue, and Millhouse's Battlecry will lose you the game if your opponent has a few strong spells in hand.
Generated minions[edit | edit source]
The following table lists all collectible legendary minions currently available in Standard format, representing the range of cards that can be generated by Prince Malchezaar. For Wild format lists, see Legendary card list/Wild format.
|Name / Desc||Rarity||Type||Subtype||Class||Cost||Atk||HP||Description|
|Akali, the Rhino||Legendary||Minion||Beast||Warrior||8||5||5|
Rush, Overkill: Draw a Rush minion and give it +5/+5. Most trolls only get to “AAAAHHH!” and don’t make it to the “kali” part.
|Al'Akir the Windlord||Legendary||Minion||Elemental||Shaman||8||3||5|
Windfury, Charge, Divine Shield, Taunt He is the weakest of the four Elemental Lords. And the other three don't let him forget it.
Battlecry: Set a hero's remaining Health to 15. Alexstrasza the Life-Binder brings life and hope to everyone. Except Deathwing. And Malygos. And Nekros.
Battlecry: Shuffle a copy of your opponent's deck into your deck. Nobody expects the Archbishop's Benediction!
Whenever you cast a spell, put a 'Fireball' spell into your hand. Antonidas was the Grand Magus of the Kirin Tor, and Jaina's mentor. This was a big step up from being Grand Magus of Jelly Donuts.
Whenever you draw a minion, add a copy of it to your hand. His worgen children call him Archmage AROO-OO-OO-OO-gal.
Deathrattle: Add a random Death Knight card to your hand. There must always be a Lick King.
Battlecry: Replace your hand with a copy of your opponent's. The cards are always golden on the other side.
|Baku the Mooneater||Legendary||Minion||Beast||Any||9||7||8|
Start of Game: If your deck has only odd-Cost cards, upgrade your Hero Power. In her defense, it did look like a cookie.
At the end of your turn, deal 2 damage to ALL other characters. Baron Geddon was Ragnaros's foremost lieutenant, until he got FIRED.
Can't Attack. Whenever this minion takes damage, deal 3 damage to a random enemy. The upper windows used to be for aiming. Then we thought: "Hey! MORE cannons!"
Has +1 Attack for each card you've discarded this game. As a young blood-princess she learned the proper way for a lady to curtsy, how to address fellow members of royalty, and how to bite them.
Spell Damage +1. Deathrattle: Draw a card. He's in charge of the Annual Scarlet Monastery Blood Drive!
After a friendly minion loses Divine Shield, gain +2 Attack. He's so hot right now.
Battlecry: Summon four 0/2 Goblin Bombs. Every good plan requires a bit of patience. And a lot of explosives.
|Bwonsamdi, the Dead||Legendary||Minion||General||Priest||7||7||7|
Battlecry: Draw 1-Cost minions from your deck until your hand is full. Everyone's dying to meet him.
Deathrattle: Summon a 4/5 Baine Bloodhoof. Cairne was killed by Garrosh, so... don't put this guy in a Warrior deck. It's pretty insensitive.
Battlecry: Give your weapon +1/+1. He was this close to piloting a massive juggernaut into Stormwind Harbor. If it weren't for those pesky kids!
Battlecry: Summon 3 Pirates from your deck. Give them Rush. "You three! Get in the cannon!"
Choose One - Give your other minions +2/+2; or Summon two 2/2 Treants with Taunt. Yes, he's a demigod. No, he doesn't need to wear a shirt.
Each turn this is in your hand, transform it into a card your opponent is holding. He's everyone you want to be.
Whenever you discard this, give it +2/+2 and return it to your hand. A bit of a snob: still refuses to drive anything with automatic transmission.
Battlecry: Draw a Rush, Lifesteal, and Deathrattle card from your deck. "1 minion… ah, ah, ah! 2 minions… ah, ah, ah! 3 minions… ah, ah, ah!"
Divine Shield, Lifesteal
Your healing is doubled. He wants to tank, but Boom always makes him play support.
Battlecry: Gain the Deathrattle effects of 3 friendly minions that died this game. First Deathrattle: Draw a card.
Second: Draw 2 cards.
Third: Throw Mon'kind off a steel cage and plummet sixteen feet through an announcer’s table.
Whenever this attacks and kills a minion, gain +2/+2. You either die a villain, or live long enough to see yourself become the hero.
Battlecry: Destroy all other minions and discard your hand. Once a noble dragon known as Neltharion, Deathwing lost his mind and shattered Azeroth before finally being defeated. Daddy issues?
Whenever you draw a minion, summon a 1/1 copy of it. The children were puzzled by the scratches covering the insides of their toy-boxes.
Deathrattle: Swap this with a minion from your deck. She will NOT STOP until she gets tenure.
Battlecry: Summon a 5/5 Dragon for each spell you cast this game that costs (5) or more. Her secret is using a gentle voice and carrying a baggie of hotdogs.
The first card each player plays each turn costs (0). Someone called her "Tweety". She didn't take it well.
Combo: Gain +2/+2 for each other card you've played this turn. He led the Stonemasons in the reconstruction of Stormwind, and when the nobles refused to pay, he founded the Defias Brotherhood to, well, deconstruct Stormwind.
Battlecry: Your next spell this turn casts twice. "The coin? You used me for THE COIN!?"
|Elise the Trailblazer||Legendary||Minion||General||Any||5||5||5|
Battlecry: Shuffle a sealed Un'Goro pack into your deck. Reno taught her that blazing her own trail is a lot more fun than following someone else's map.
Battlecry: Double the Attack and Health of all minions in your hand. Taste your world's corruption! It tastes like chicken.
Battlecry: Add a random Legendary minion to your hand. “I'll trade you a Malfurion for an Anduin.”
While in your hand, this is a 3/4 copy of the last minion you played. Of all the scientists, he has the most knowledge (when measured in volume).
Start of Game: If your deck has only even-Cost cards, your starting Hero Power costs (1). Ever since Sylvanas killed his son, he's dreamed of getting… even.
At the end of your turn, summon a random minion with Cost equal to your Armor (up to 10). Once crafted a gauntlet out of earwax and pure ambition.
Minions in your hand have Echo. Summon an unlimited* number of minions!** *Six **Wisps
|Gonk, the Raptor||Legendary||Minion||Beast||Druid||7||4||9|
After your hero attacks and kills a minion, it may attack again. There’s a word for Zandalari druids who refuse to pledge loyalty to Gonk: “Delicious.”
|Gral, the Shark||Legendary||Minion||Beast||Rogue||5||2||2|
Battlecry: Eat a minion in your deck and gain its stats.
Deathrattle: Add it to your hand. “… We’re gonna need a bigger board.”
Battlecry: Discover two cards. Give one to your opponent at random. With Griftah in your deck, sometimes you start the game with The Coin!
Has +6 Attack while damaged. Grommash drank the tainted blood of Mannoroth, dooming the orcs to green skin and red eyes! Maybe not his best decision.
Battlecry: Return your other minions to your hand. They cost (1). The grumbling grew to a mighty rumbling, and out of the caverns the kobolds came tumbling.
At the end of each turn, gain +1/+1 . He's Gruul "the Dragonkiller". He just wanted to cuddle them… he never meant to…
Deathrattle: Summon your Taunt minions that died this game. The viziers of Azjol-Nerub released Hadronox as a last-ditch effort to hold back the Lich King. They did so by VERY carefully scooping him up in a LARGE newspaper and releasing him.
|Hakkar, the Soulflayer||Legendary||Minion||Beast||Any||10||9||6|
Deathrattle: Shuffle a Corrupted Blood into each player's deck. ATTENTION: Do not enter any major city while infected with the Corrupted Blood!
|Halazzi, the Lynx||Legendary||Minion||Beast||Hunter||5||3||2|
Battlecry: Fill your hand with 1/1 Lynxes that have Rush. Remember, you’re only as strong as your weakest lynx.
StealthAfter your opponent plays a minon, become a copy of it. She wanders realities, taking on many forms. One was a unicorn princess.
Battlecry: Destroy your opponent's weapon and draw cards equal to its Durability. “That belongs in the Hall of Explorers!”
|Hemet, Jungle Hunter||Legendary||Minion||General||Any||6||6||6|
Battlecry: Destroy all cards in your deck that cost (3) or less. The goblin travel agency lost his luggage, but he's still having a great vacation!
|Hex Lord Malacrass||Legendary||Minion||General||Mage||8||5||5|
Battlecry: Add a copy of your opening hand to your hand (except this card). Extremely awkward cousin of Hex Lord Malaclass.
|High Priest Thekal||Legendary||Minion||General||Paladin||3||3||4|
Battlecry: Convert all but 1 of your hero's Health into Armor. "…and then I beat him with 1 Health!"
|High Priestess Jeklik||Legendary||Minion||General||Warlock||4||3||4|
When you discard this, add 2 copies of it to your hand. If you love Jeklik, set her free. YOU CAN'T GET RID OF HER.
|Hir'eek, the Bat||Legendary||Minion||Beast||Warlock||8||1||1|
Battlecry: Fill your board with copies of this minion. REPEL’S EFFECT WORE OFF.
At the end of your turn, summon a 2/2 Gnoll with Taunt. Hogger is super powerful. If you kill him, it's because he let you.
Your other minions have Rush. They’re good dogs, Tess.
Whenever you play a card, summon a 2/1 Flame of Azzinoth. Illidan's brother, Malfurion, imprisoned him beneath Hyjal for 10,000 years. Stormrages are not good at letting go of grudges.
|Ixlid, Fungal Lord||Legendary||Minion||General||Druid||5||2||4|
After you play a minion, summon a copy of it. We suggest crafting Ixlid; he'll grow on you. Literally.
|Jan'alai, the Dragonhawk||Legendary||Minion||Beast||Mage||7||4||4|
Battlecry: If your Hero Power dealt 8 damage this game, summon Ragnaros the Firelord. You mess with the Bird, you get the Firelord.
|Kalimos, Primal Lord||Legendary||Minion||Elemental||Shaman||8||7||7|
Battlecry: If you played an Elemental last turn, cast an Elemental Invocation. All that's missing is a little heart.
Battlecry and Deathrattle: Recruit a Beast. She’s not one of those treehugger elves – but she does like the occasional cuddle.
Charge The best defense against King Krush is to have someone you don’t like standing in front of you.
Battlecry: Destroy all damaged Minions. He's a terror at concerts.
Battlecry: Give your opponent 2 Bananas. King Mukla wanders Jaguero Isle, searching for love.
Battlecry: Swap decks with your opponent. Give them a Ransom spell to swap back. Management of the Kobold Empire requires a careful balance between a lack of social services and fiscal irresponsibility.
|Krag'wa, the Frog||Legendary||Minion||Beast||Shaman||6||4||6|
Battlecry: Return all spells you played last turn to your hand. Krag'wa has a ritual to honor his friends and a ritual to devour his enemies. No one can tell them apart.
|Lady in White||Legendary||Minion||General||Priest||6||5||5|
Battlecry: Cast 'Inner Fire' on all minions in your deck. (set Attack equal to Health) She was a lady in polka dots until the gnomish laundromat incident.
Charge. Battlecry: Summon two 1/1 Whelps for your opponent. At least he has Angry Chicken.
Battlecry: Replace spells in your hand with random spells (from your opponent's class). She doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And she absolutely will not stop... ever, until all necromancers are dead.
Battlecry: Deal 2 damage to all other minions. If any die, repeat this Battlecry. Betrayed the Alliance. Betrayed the Horde. All for 200 achievement points and a sweet, sweet hat.
Battlecry: Destroy your hero and replace it with Lord Jaraxxus. "TRIFLING GNOME! YOUR ARROGANCE WILL BE YOUR UNDOING!!!!"
Whenever a player casts a spell, put a copy into the other player's hand. Lorewalker Cho archives and shares tales from the land of Pandaria, but his favorite story is the one where Joey and Phoebe go on a road trip.
Battlecry: Cast each spell you cast on your minions this game on this one. A diet of pure magic is great for the complexion but wreaks havoc on one's mood.
|Lyra the Sunshard||Legendary||Minion||Elemental||Priest||5||3||5|
Whenever you cast a spell, add a random Priest spell to your hand. Arise, fair sun, and kill my envious foes. They don't have a legendary as beautiful as you.
Spell Damage +5 Malygos hates it when mortals use magic. He gets so mad!
|Marin the Fox||Legendary||Minion||General||Any||8||6||6|
Battlecry: Summon a 0/8 Treasure Chest for your opponent. (Break it for awesome loot!) My name is Marin the Fox. You took my treasure. Prepare to die.
Battlecry: Recruit a 1, 2, and 3-Attack minion. His adventuring party consists of Goldshire Footman, Frostwolf Grunt and Hadronox.
Deathrattle: If you have no cards in your deck, hand, and battlefield, destroy the enemy hero. "Your software will fail. Your users will abandon you. You are already obsolete."
Battlecry: Enemy spells cost (0) next turn. "I'm gonna light you up, sweetcheeks!"
Battlecry: Set each player to 5 Mana Crystals. Sadly, she was still two credits short of her Witch Doctorate.
Whenever another minion is Frozen, add a copy of it to your hand. Most disturbing is how Moorabi covers all those frozen minions with flavored syrup.
Battlecry: Discover a Deathrattle minion. Also gain its Deathrattle. On her first day on the job, Myra removed the smoke detectors.
At the start of your turn, you have a 50% chance to draw an extra card. Nat Pagle, Azeroth's premier fisherman! He invented the Auto-Angler 3000, the Extendo-Pole 3000, and the Lure-o-matic 2099 (still in testing).
Players only have 15 seconds to take their turns. Time to write some flavor text.
Battlecry: Summon 1/1 Whelps until your side of the battlefield is full. Onyxia long manipulated the Stormwind Court by disguising herself as Lady Katrana Prestor. You would have thought that the giant wings and scales would have been a giveaway.
Rush. Overkill: Summon a Beast from your hand. Adorning devilsaurs with armor and feathers is a respected job in troll culture, although it has a high turnover rate.
Battlecry: Gain +5 Health for each Elemental you played last turn. Between you and me, Ozruk is a bit obsessed with his body.
Battlecry: If your deck has no 2-cost cards, give all minions in your deck +1/+1. Three Princes stand before you. This one wants to buff his brothers.
Battlecry: Transform all your 1-Cost cards in your deck into Legendary minions. "I have a very particular set of skills. Skills that make me a nightmare for witches like you."
Battlecry: If your deck has no 3-Cost cards, transform into a 3/3 copy of a minion. Three Princes stand before you. This one wants to copy others.
Battlecry: If your deck has no 4-Cost cards, gain Lifesteal and Taunt. Three Princes stand before you. This one devours one after another.
Battlecry: Summon all minions from your hand that didn't start in your deck. Everyone wants to be a princess, but nobody ever considers the size of the hat.
After you play a Secret, put another random Hunter Secret into the battlefield. Among his more notable inventions: A tentacle-groomer, a plague that would wipe out all life on Azeroth, and a fidget spinner.
Double the damage and healing of your spells and Hero Power. He's been exiled from his home, and all his brothers turned evil, but otherwise he doesn't have a lot to complain about.
Deathrattle: Return this to your hand as a 6/6 that cost (6). If you strike her down, she shall become more powerful than you can possibly… well, she'll become a 6/6 anyways.
|Rin, the First Disciple||Legendary||Minion||General||Warlock||6||3||6|
Deathrattle: Add 'The First Seal' to your hand. Signed and sealed, she delivers oblivion.
Whenever this minion survives damage, summon a random Legendary minion. Daddy! I think I made a Legendary!
|Sherazin, Corpse Flower||Legendary||Minion||General||Rogue||4||5||3|
Deathrattle: Go dormant. Play 4 cards in a turn to revive this minion. A Tortollan gardener's worst nightmare.
|Shirvallah, the Tiger||Legendary||Minion||Beast||Paladin||25||7||5|
Divine Shield, Rush, Lifesteal
Costs (1) less for each Mana you've spent on spells. On bended knee Thekal placed his weapon upon Shirvallah’s altar, whereupon she slowly knocked it off with her paw.
Battlecry: Repeat all other Battlecries from cards you played this game (targets chosen randomly). Beware the Shudderwock, my son. We're fresh out of vorpal daggers.
Battlecry: Summon two 0/1 Frozen Champions. "I recognize your effort but I think your magic still has room for improvement." - Sindragosa after taking a class on giving constructive feedback.
Whenever a friendly minion dies, add a 1/1 copy of it to your hand. It costs (1). Love like you've never been hurt. Dance like a 1/1 is watching.
After you summon a minion, trigger its Deathrattle effect. She sees the fate of anyone she meets, but it's always the same: dinosaur attack.
Battlecry: Choose a friendly minion. Add a 10/10 copy to your hand that costs (10). We're going to need some bigger tweezers.
After you play the right-most card in your hand, draw a card. She's Dr. Boom's right-hand mage.
Battlecry: Draw 5 different Secrets from your deck. The original clever girl.
Battlecry: Set all other minions' Attack and Health to 3. Ironically, his favorite number is 4.
|Swamp King Dred||Legendary||Minion||Beast||Hunter||7||9||9|
After your opponent plays a minion, attack it. Swamp King Dred, more like Swamp King Dead, amiright?
Battlecry: Your opponent takes two turns. Then you take two turns. Follows adventurers, seeking the ultimate time magic: the ability to reload.
Battlecry: Replay every card from another class you've played this game (targets chosen randomly). Those who cannot remember their card history are doomed to repeat it.
Deathrattle: Summon a 3/3 Finkle Einhorn for your opponent. He lives in Blackrock Mountain. He eats Gnomes. That's pretty much it.
|The Black Knight||Legendary||Minion||General||Any||6||4||5|
Battlecry: Destroy an enemy minion with Taunt. He was sent by the Lich King to disrupt the Argent Tournament. We can pretty much mark that a failure.
Starts dormant. Battlecry: Shuffle 3 Candles into the enemy deck. When drawn, this awakens. I would rather light a single candle than curse the darkness. But I'm willing to do both.
|The Glass Knight||Legendary||Minion||General||Paladin||4||4||3|
Whenever you restore Health, gain Divine Shield. She seems scary, but she's got a glass jaw.
|The Lich King||Legendary||Minion||General||Any||8||8||8|
At the end of your turn, add a random Death Knight card to your hand. "All that I am: anger, cruelty, vengeance, 8 attack - I bestow upon you, my chosen knight."
After you cast a spell on this minion, summon a 1/1 Plant and cast another copy on it. I am the Voraxx. I speak for the weeds.
Battlecry: Transform another random minion into a 5/5 Devilsaur or a 1/1 Squirrel. Tinkmaster Overspark nearly lost his Tinker's license after the Great Ironforge Squirrel Stampede of '09.
Divine Shield. Taunt. Deathrattle: Equip a 5/3 Ashbringer. If you haven't heard the Tirion Fordring theme song, it's because it doesn't exist.
Battlecry: Add a random Legendary minion from the past to your hand. Just a twist to the left, one quarter turn to the right and … oops! Well, we didn’t need that timeline anyway.
Can't be targeted by Spells or Hero Powers. Millennia of evolutionary pressures turned his species into the Faerie Dragons we know today.
|War Master Voone||Legendary||Minion||General||Warrior||4||4||3|
Battlecry: Copy all Dragons in your hand. War Master sounds cooler than Dragon Sitter.
Choose One - Transform into one of Loti's four dinosaur forms. “Ravasaur!”
“Is that a thing?”
“….now you’re just making those up.”
|Whizbang the Wonderful||Legendary||Minion||General||Any||4||4||5|
You start the game with one of Whizbang's Wonderful Decks! From the prestigious Westfall Wonderfuls.
At the end of your turn, add a Dream Card to your hand. Ysera rules the Emerald Dream. Which is some kind of green-mirror-version of the real world, or something?
Whenever you target a minion with a spell, cast it again on its neighbors. Serenity. Peace. Many frogs.
|Zerek, Master Cloner||Legendary||Minion||General||Priest||6||5||5|
Deathrattle: If you've cast any spells on this minion, resummon it. His original name was Aerek. Then the first clone was Berek. They went evil around Merek.
Divine Shield, Taunt, Lifesteal, Rush Everything but the kitchen sink. Oh wait, there's one on his back.
|Zola the Gorgon||Legendary||Minion||General||Any||3||2||2|
Battlecry: Choose a friendly minion. Add a Golden copy of it to your hand. Her name seems a bit cheesy.
|Showing all 130 cards|
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- All realities, all dimensions, are open to me.
- Effect triggering
- Behold the legions I command.
- Effect triggering against another Prince Malchezaar
- Behold my legions.
- Simple fool.
Lore[edit | edit source]
In World of Warcraft[edit | edit source]
- "You face not Malchezaar alone, but the legions I command!"
- Prince Malchezaar is a raid boss located at the very top of Karazhan. He can be encountered after the Chess event and controls all of the trash between the Game Room and Netherspace.
- Little is known about Malchezaar, except that he is a man'ari eredar, he claims to be a prince, and he is a member of the Burning Legion. It is unknown how or when he arrived at Karazhan or what his purpose there is. He apparently arrived while some agents of the Violet Eye were still alive inside Karazhan, notably Keanna. It was likely shortly before Karazhan was sealed, as the Violet Eye were aware of Keanna's death.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Prince Malchezaar is one of just six neutral collectible demons in the game, the other ones being Illidan Stormrage, Sneaky Devil, Street Trickster, Void Ripper and Witchwood Piper.
- This card's flavor text references Gorehowl's appearance as an item in World of Warcraft, where it is obtainable as a drop from Prince Malchezaar, a boss in the Burning Crusade instance Karazhan. There is no known lore explanation for how Gorehowl came into his possession, although it has been theorized by some players that Malchezaar obtained it from an alternate universe, as his quotes boast that he has access to "all realities, all dimensions". Gorehowl's flavor text references this: Grommash Hellscream's famous axe. Somehow this ended up in Prince Malchezaar's possession. Quite the mystery!
- Prince Malchezaar is envious of Lord Jaraxxus, for no other reason than the latter being invited to Medivh's parties at Karazhan, as well as being furious at Medivh for refusing to invite him. This is regardless of the fact that he is banned from Karazhan for good reason: the last time he attended a party, he destroyed the tower's library.
- This jealousy is displayed in the One Night in Karazhan adventure, in which Malchezaar assaults Medivh for refusing to invite him to the party, only to be defeated and sent back to his home realm. However, before he is forced through the portal, he grabs onto Medivh, taking the guardian with him and ultimately causing the events of the adventure.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 220.127.116.1166 (2018-04-10): (Undocumented change) Card text changed. Now reads "Start of Game: Add 5 extra Legendary minions to your deck." from "When the game starts, add 5 extra Legendary minions to your deck."
- Patch 18.104.22.16832 (2017-06-13): Once again announces his arrival.
- Patch 22.214.171.12421 (2016-08-09): Added.
References[edit | edit source]
- Hearthstone reveal event at Team Inven. (2016-08-01).
- Yong Woo on Twitter. (2016-08-03).
- https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/50xfzo/double_malchezaar_in_arena/ Tested in Patch 126.96.36.19921 (ONiK patch)