Most card tables were converted early Thursday morning to run on a different wiki extension. (From Semantic MediaWiki to Cargo.)
Please report any problems you encounter with these tables to OOeyes.
- "Nothing shall prevent me from having my revenge, old friend. Not even you. Now, I call out to the spirits of this place. I will give anything, or pay any price, if only you will help me save my people."
Background[edit | edit source]
- Arthas Menethil, Crown Prince of Lordaeron and Knight of the Silver Hand, was the son of King Terenas Menethil II and heir to the throne. He was trained as a paladin by Uther the Lightbringer and was inducted into the Order of the Silver Hand. Arthas also had a romantic relationship with the kind sorceress Jaina Proudmoore. Committed to the protection of his people, Arthas was determined to stop the plague spreading throughout Lordaeron.
- Despite his promising beginnings, Arthas became one of the most powerful and evil beings Azeroth would ever know. Although he killed the necromancer Kel'Thuzad, Arthas was unable to stop the spread of the plague and resorted to increasingly desperate methods, such as purging the city of Stratholme. Taking up the cursed runeblade Frostmourne, Arthas was able to defeat the demon Mal'Ganis, but he lost his soul in the process. Becoming a death knight of the Scourge, he led the undead in destroying Lordaeron, Quel'Thalas, and Dalaran. Arthas later made his way to the Frozen Throne of Icecrown and merged with the Lich King.
- Ruling as the Lich King for years afterward, Arthas had the last remnants of his humanity destroyed and was ultimately defeated in combat by Highlord Tirion Fordring and his champions of the Light. Cradled by the spirit of his father, Arthas Menethil died, leaving the mantle of the Lich King to be taken by a noble soul who would contain the power of the Scourge.
How to get[edit | edit source]
Functionality[edit | edit source]
Once unlocked and selected for use, Arthas Menethil is used as the hero whenever playing with a paladin deck. Arthas comes with his own portrait, emotes, and hero tray art, as well as featuring a special animation when using his Hero Power, Reinforce.
For more information, see Alternate heroes.
Flavor text[edit | edit source]
When viewed in the Collection, Arthas has the following flavor text:
- The boy who would be King... LICH King.
Obtained by defeating the Lich King with every class.
Emotes[edit | edit source]
Regular play[edit | edit source]
|Thanks||You have my gratitude.|
|Well played||Well played.|
|Greetings||Hail, and well met.|
|Mirror Greetings||Well met, indeed!|
|Threaten||You are past redemption!|
|Sorry||A royal apology, friend.|
|Attack||Evil will be PURGED!|
|Concede||The battle is over. You win.|
|Opening remark||For Lordaeron!|
|Mirror start||For my father the King!|
|Thinking ||Which path to choose...|
|Thinking ||What would Uther do...|
|Running out of time||I must act now!|
|Almost out of cards||I'm almost out of cards!|
|Out of cards||I'm out of cards!|
|Error: Too many minions||I have too many minions!|
|Error: Generic||I cannot do that.|
|Error: Hand already full||My hand is full!|
|Error: Hero already attacked||I already attacked.|
|Error: Minion not ready||Give that minion a turn to ready.|
|Error: Minion exhausted||That minion already attacked.|
|Error: Not enough mana||I don't have enough Mana.|
|Error: Need a weapon||I need a weapon.|
|Error: Can't play that card||I can't play that.|
|Error: Can't target stealthed minions||I can't target Stealthed minions.|
|Error: Not a valid target||That's not valid target.|
|Error: Must attack taunt minion||A minion with Taunt is in the way.|
|Selection in Arena||Justice has come!|
|Winter Veil Greetings||Happy Feast of Winter Veil!|
|Happy New Year||Happy New Year!|
|Midsummer Fire Festival Greetings||Light the bonfires!|
|New Lunar Year Greetings||Happy New Year!|
|Pirate Day Greetings||It's good to be Arrrrrrrrthas!|
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 184.108.40.20657 (2017-08-08): Added.
References[edit | edit source]
- Hearthside Chat with Dave Kosak: Knights of the Frozen Throne Missions. (2017-07-27). Retrieved on 2017-07-27.
| Reward and