Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Power Word: Glory
|Set:||The Grand Tournament|
|Tags:||Targeted, Triggered effect|
Choose a minion. Whenever it attacks, restore 4 Health to your hero.
The promise of glory is a powerful tool to get minions to do your bidding. Only slightly less powerful than the promise of an ice cream bar!
How to get[edit | edit source]
|Power Word: Glory||40||5|
|Golden Power Word: Glory||400||50|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Similarly to Blessing of Wisdom, Power Word: Glory creates an enchantment attached to the target minion which triggers whenever the minion attacks.
- The healing effect of Power Word: Glory's enchantment is not affected by Prophet Velen, since the source of the Healing Event is the enchantment created by the spell, not the spell itself.
- Multiple Power Word: Glory's enchantments stack, with each one activating separately whenever the minion attacks.
- Power Word: Glory's enchantment will always heal its original caster, even if the minion it is attached to belongs to your opponent, changes controller due to mind control effects, or is copied by copy effects such as Faceless Manipulator or Echoing Ooze.
- As with all healing effect, if the controller of the Power Word: Glory's enchantment also controls an Auchenai Soulpriest or the effects of Embrace the Shadow, it deals damage instead (notice that the controller of enchantments attached to a minion does not change if the minion changes controller).
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Similar to the paladin's Blessing of Wisdom, Power Word: Glory is a simple card with multiple uses. It can be used on survivable minions in the hopes of better longevity, on the few neutral minions with Windfury for multiple Health gain in one turn, or on enemy minions to force bad trades (as the opponent tries to get rid of it). Note that multiple copies of this effect can be applied to the same minion; if Power Word: Glory is played twice on a minion, attacking with that minion will heal you for 8 Health.
If you're going to cast it on one of your own minions, it's best to be able to attack with the minion that turn, so you are guaranteed at least 1 activation of the effect. If you cast it on a minion that's exhausted, you can bet your opponent will remove it if at all possible.
While more obviously used upon one of your own minions, this spell can also be used upon enemy minions to great effect. This can be used defensively to make an opponent think twice about attacking with a dangerous minion, or can force them to heal you in order to make use of their minion. This buff will make them more likely to sacrifice that minion in preference of another, but can also be removed with a Silence.
A quirk of this spell is that if your opponent uses a Faceless Manipulator to copy your minion with this buff, the copied minion's attacks will still heal your hero, and not your opponent. The target of healing is set at time of casting, and isn't simply the current owner of the minion. This is also important when considering taking control of a minion buffed with Power Word: Glory using a mind control effect such as Mind Control.
Like all the other healing effects, be aware that this buff is affected by Auchenai Soulpriest, potentially damaging the controller instead of healing them. This strongly discourages using the two in combination, although forcing an opponent with a Power Word: Glory minion to take control of your Soulpriest (such as through Sylvanas Windrunner's Deathrattle) can be an effective way of persuading them to dispose of the buffed minion.
Lore[edit | edit source]
- Power Words (often abbreviated PW:...) are special Holy abilities used by Priests to protect and strenghten allies. There are two other types of Words: the Holy Word and the Shadow Word.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This card has the same effect trigger and mana cost as Blessing of Wisdom, with the only difference being that Blessing draws cards instead of restoring Health.
- The artwork for this card comes from the World of Warcraft Trading Card Game "Worldbreaker" series, for the card Power Word: Preservation.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Unknown patch: When a minion changes controller, the controllers of enchantments attached to that minion do not change anymore. Previously, the new controller of a minion becomes the controller of all attached enchantments too, leading to some weird interactions between Power Word: Glory and Auchenai Soulpriest or Embrace the Shadow.
- Patch 220.127.116.1186 (2015-08-18): Added.