|Set:||One Night in Karazhan|
Alas poor Annoy-o-Tron! A fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy!
How to get[edit | edit source]
|Golden Pompous Thespian||400||50|
Strategy[edit | edit source]
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- An autograph? Eh. I suppose.
- A critic?!
- Oh. Et tu Brute?
Lore[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This card's art recreates a scene from Hamlet, where Prince Hamlet discovers the skull of an old court jester (in this case Annoy-o-Tron), prompting him to deliver a now famous monologue:
- Alas, poor Yorick! I knew him, Horatio; a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy; he hath borne me on his back a thousand times; and now, how abhorred in my imagination it is! My gorge rises at it. Here hung those lips that I have kissed I know not how oft. Where be your gibes now? Your gambols? Your songs? Your flashes of merriment, that were wont to set the table on a roar?
- This is confirmed in the card's flavor text: "Alas poor Annoy-o-Tron! A fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy!"
- His death line is a reference to Julius Caesar, who famously spoke the line "Et tu, Brute," after being betrayed and killed by the Roman Senate, and his close friend Brutus.
- A Pompous Thespian appears as the central character of the web comics released prior to the launch of the Knights of the Frozen Throne. The comics feature the elf making up fanciful tales of those who have succumbed to the power of the Frozen Throne in order to dissuade the listeners in the Hearthstone tavern from doing the same.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 22.214.171.12421 (2016-08-09): Added.
References[edit | edit source]
- Hearthstone: Knights of the Frozen Throne: Forest for the Weary << Madefire. Retrieved on 2017-07-24.
- Hearthstone: Knights of the Frozen Throne: Freedom << Madefire. Retrieved on 2017-07-24.