As part of the Unified Community Platform project, this wiki and 38 others will be migrated to the new platform in the next few weeks. Minimal changes are expected as part of this migration. Read more here.
|Set:||The Grand Tournament|
|Abilities:||Increment attribute, Modify Hero Power|
|Tags:||Hero Power-related, Ongoing effect, Triggered effect|
Your Hero Power gives this weapon +1 Attack instead of replacing it.
How much more poisoned can a blade get? The answer is a lot. A lot more poisoned.
How to get[edit | edit source]
|Golden Poisoned Blade||1600||400|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This weapon's ongoing effect specifically modifies Dagger Mastery, Poisoned Daggers, and Ancient Blades, preventing them from equipping a weapon to replace this one.
- This weapon's triggered effect triggers in the Inspire Phase after the player's Hero Power is used, granting this weapon +1 Attack instead of replacing it. This effect still triggers even if the Hero Power used does not equip a weapon: this weapon will gain +1 Attack and the function of the Hero Power will not be affected.
- Example: Suppose a priest has obtained Poisoned Blade through Mind Vision and has equipped it. When he uses his Hero Power Lesser Heal, its target will be healed for 2 and Poisoned Blade will gain +1 Attack.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
A very slow weapon, Poisoned Blade needs a high mana investment over several turns to gain value. Paying 2 Mana for 1 Attack is hardly worth the cost, and it requires you to hold off on attacking with it if you want to boost its damage further. If you Hero Power and swing on curve, this weapon provides 6 damage for 8 mana, well below almost every other weapon.
If you can get a different Hero Power from something like Sir Finley Mrrgglton it lets you use the Hero Power while giving the weapon +1 Attack. This however does not fix the weapon's inefficiency, as most Hero Powers are not cost-efficient compared to cards with similar effects.
See Self-Sharpening Sword for a comparable weapon that is much better at scaling.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
This weapon's modification of Dagger Mastery resembles a version of that Hero Power seen during the game's alpha, which allowed players with a weapon already equipped to instead opt to grant that weapon a permanent +1 Attack. This was used in an infamous combo with since removed card Envenom, allowing players to one-shot the enemy hero. However, while similar, Poisoned Blade lacks that combo's burst potential, due primarily to the absence of Envenom, as well as the requirement of additional cards and mana expenditure.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 184.108.40.20686 (2015-08-18): Added.
References[edit | edit source]
- Whirthun on Twitter. (2015-07-24).