|Set:||The Grand Tournament|
|Abilities:||Increment attribute, Modify Hero Power|
|Tags:||Hero Power-related, Ongoing effect, Triggered effect|
Your Hero Power gives this weapon +1 Attack instead of replacing it.
How much more poisoned can a blade get? The answer is a lot. A lot more poisoned.
How to get[edit | edit source]
|Golden Poisoned Blade||1600||400|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- This weapon's ongoing effect specifically modifies Dagger Mastery and Poisoned Daggers, preventing them from equipping a weapon to replace this one.
- This weapon's triggered effect triggers in the Inspire Phase after the player's Hero Power is used, granting this weapon +1 Attack instead of replacing it. This effect still triggers even if the Hero Power used does not equip a weapon: this weapon will gain +1 Attack and the function of the Hero Power will not be affected.
- Example: Suppose a priest has obtained Poisoned Blade through Mind Vision and has equipped it. When he uses his Hero Power Lesser Heal, its target will be healed for 2 and Poisoned Blade will gain +1 Attack.
Strategy[edit | edit source]
A very slow weapon but when used with a few cards (Deadly Poison, Tinker's Sharpsword Oil and Inspire support cards) the damage it can reach can be very high. Due to its slowness however it is the more susceptible to weapon removal cards (Acidic Swamp Ooze) than most other weapons.
Due to its nature of gaining Attack each time the Hero Power is used, this weapon has strong synergy with some Hero Powers other than the rogue's default Dagger Mastery. Cards such as Sir Finley Mrrgglton can be used to find more desirable alternatives.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
This weapon's modification of Dagger Mastery resembles a version of that Hero Power seen during the game's alpha, which allowed players with a weapon already equipped to instead opt to grant that weapon a permanent +1 Attack. This was used in an infamous combo with since removed card Envenom, allowing players to one-shot the enemy hero. However, while similar, Poisoned Blade lacks that combo's burst potential, due primarily to the absence of Envenom, as well as the requirement of additional cards and mana expenditure.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 18.104.22.16886 (2015-08-18): Added.
References[edit | edit source]
- Whirthun on Twitter. (2015-07-24).