Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Plague of Murlocs
|Set:||Saviors of Uldum|
|Tags:||Area of effect, Murloc-generating, Random|
Transform all minions into random Murlocs.
This is horrible! And adorable!
- For the Monster Hunt treasure of the same name, see Plague of Murlocs (Monster Hunt).
How to get[edit | edit source]
Plague of Murlocs can be obtained through Saviors of Uldum card packs, through crafting, or as an Arena reward. Golden Plague of Murlocs can also be obtained through the Highest Rank Bonus chest at the end of each Ranked season.
|Plague of Murlocs||400||100|
|Golden Plague of Murlocs||1600||400|
Strategy[edit | edit source]
A powerful source of soft removal. As a transform effect, Plague of Murlocs has most of the benefits of a Silence, including preventing Deathrattles, removing Enchantments, and otherwise clearing away abilities. It has the additional benefit of clearing away priority targets and replacing them with usually smaller minions, greatly reducing your opponent's board and bypassing Resurrection effects. Be prepared to deal with the results, since Murlocs have a lot of synergistic cards and may still be a threat.
This card can also be used offensively, turning your Totems into random Murlocs. It also works well with tokens created by Soul of the Murloc or Thunderhead. If you're playing a Murloc-synergy deck, you can follow up Plague of Murlocs with Murloc Warleader or Coldlight Seer.
Plague of Murlocs is comparable to Devolve, which has similar benefits. Unlike Devolve, Plague of Murlocs doesn't care about the target's cost, making it far more effective against high-cost minions.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Plague of Murlocs went through several iterations during development. One earlier version was a spell called "Plague of Frogs", which transformed all minions into 0/1 Frogs with Taunt and destroyed two of the player's mana crystals. An issue with this version was that when a player has a board full of 0-Attack minions, they can sometimes end up stuck with no way to remove them and no way to play cards from their hand, which led to the card's design being changed.
- Plague of Murlocs' visual effect was created by artist Dominic Camuglia.
Patch changes[edit | edit source]
- Patch 188.8.131.52708 (2019-08-06): Added.
References[edit | edit source]
- Ozzie Mejia (2019-07-15). Hearthstone: Saviors of Uldum - Plague of Murlocs interview. Shacknews. Retrieved on 2019-07-16.